M6 overnight closures j16 to j20

M 6 shut over night both directions . Fri Sat Sun 9pm to 6am through the road works j 15-19 . Not fulllly sure what junctions it starts ends at. But there pulling down some bridges for the new smart motorway…
Only shut over nights open in the day time

It’s also shut from 13 to 15 in both directions from 21:00 tonight (Friday) to 06:00 Monday morning. Not just at night, that’s for the whole weekend.

Good luck to all weekend night/ trunk divers then

If your going north could be a case of the M54 to J3 then upto chester and the M56 bit of a long way round tho.
From 13 to 20 is a bloody long way to have shut all in 1 go though planning crap as usual.

Let’s all pray they get it all done by 6am Monday otherwise were be going noware fast

Just come down the M62 Liverpool bound and all the matrix saying 2 hour delay j21a - 18. Lovely on a Friday.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I read this morning that this closure had been cancelled.

Can’t find anything to confirm either way but it seems stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st … ts-1702866 this article has been removed from Stoke Sentinel.

According to the Highways Agency website, the only closures in the mentioned areas for tonight at least are:

N/B j13-14 (9pm-6am)
S/B j 21-j20a (9pm-7am)

Thank funk I got parked up at 14.00 today (Friday) and that’s it until Monday.
I don’t envy night trunkers in this country. My mates a night running box jockey that does either felixstow or gateway every night (yeah, the boredom of same old same old would kill me too) and is constantly having to re-route due to closures etc. I suppose it means he has to use his brain a little bit to plan alternative routes [emoji57]

ezydriver:
According to the Highways Agency website…

Yeah but that’s the same people who can’t even get the live matrix sign closures right, so not much chance of them knowing what’ll be shut in advance…then get it through 3 layers of management to approve the update…then go get a coffee and forget to update the web site…and finally remember at 4.55pm but figure no one actually uses the roads at night so they go home. :slight_smile:

If it’s closed that long, I wonder if they also closed the A500 (M6 to Stoke) as the diversion for that is via M6 J15 or was last night.

As a sidenote, most of the night traffic seems to be double deckers on pallets etc. all getting annoyed by the multiple diversions, but very very few bridge hits overnight - does that mean we’re superior drivers or just Stobbies shut at night? :smiling_imp: [goes to get coat]

nomiS36:
Thank funk I got parked up at 14.00 today (Friday) and that’s it until Monday.
I don’t envy night trunkers in this country. My mates a night running box jockey that does either felixstow or gateway every night (yeah, the boredom of same old same old would kill me too) and is constantly having to re-route due to closures etc. I suppose it means he has to use his brain a little bit to plan alternative routes [emoji57]

It’s proper ■■■■■■■■ through the night when your running with a 16’2 trailer it certainly keeps you on your toes [emoji23][emoji23]

The full weekend closure that I saw from 13-15 was from central motorway police group. If it’s changed I don’t know, but I think I’ll give the area a wide berth tomorrow just in case unless I get concrete info that it’s definitely cancelled.

It only,means they’ll do it another weekend though if it’s cancelled this one :frowning:

Seen sign up at getting on at j19 south saying slip road shut 22/06 for 4 nights 9to 6

Tonight (Sunday evening) I was getting the J14 - J16 CLOSED warning on the gantry going northbound and J13 - J14 CONGESTION as I was towards the top of the M5 and thought “■■■■ that. Last time I drove into that it cost me nearly 90 minutes” so I detoured through Whitchurch which cost about half an hour on the normal time taken.

Just wondering if anyone drove through it between 2130 and 2300 and can tell me how long they lost and if what I did was worth the effort for future reference (aware that on a Sunday evening it might not be the most representative time to gauge it).