Truck sat nav recommendations sought

Good evening.
CaN anyone please recommend a sat nav for trucks where you can enter bridge heights etc
Ive had a look on amazon and I thought snooper were meant to be the best but they have terrible reviews.
Thank you

somtam:
Good evening.
CaN anyone please recommend a sat nav for trucks where you can enter bridge heights etc
Ive had a look on amazon and I thought snooper were meant to be the best but they have terrible reviews.
Thank you

Since the snooper s7000 in my opinion there [zd]
Get this or newer pay the price it’s worth every penny

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truckers Atlas

Got one of these going for free, well freeish P&P only.

I don’t use it and it’s in mint condition cos hardly used it either !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomTom is spot on for me. Get the new 6200/6250 and you won’t regret it. Tried snooper - garbage. The thing that makes the tomtom so great is the live traffic. If mine broke I’d get another tomorrow.

Combine a TomTom with google maps and you will struggle to go wrong. TomTom to get you to the postcode - and google maps to get you to the door.

I’ve also got the Philips Navigator trucking edition - total garbage. Firstly the signs for low bridges and weight limits are so small you need to really study it. And secondly if you do any sort of distance you’ll have to flick through about 30 pages to get a route.

Best truck map/atlas is the AA one. Which I also have. Signs for bridges and limits are really clear and big. The mapping is a lot clearer. And you could use it whilst driving if you want… Also it’s scale is a lot more reasonable. However, it doesn’t have all the farms on like the Navigator.

I launched my sat nav out the window on grovenor square one day ( £400 snooper ) and bought one of these , the old way of doing things brilliant , but I have hit 2 cars , side swiped a bus and took out a shop canopy with trying to look where I’m going and read the map , but I’ve always got there unlike with the sat nav but not always in one piece

Have a look at the Aguri website they do 3 different model truck sat navs good quality for the money

tango boy:

Has that been developed to tell you the quickest route given current traffic conditions, or should I carry on not being a proper trucker and using available technology ?

Agree with sammym. My TomTom 6250 hasn’t failed yet but then I don’t rely on it and use a truckers map, Google maps for final mile, the satnav and my good old fashioned sense of direction aswell.

This site is useful to use with a tomtom.
Put in a postcode, pinpoint exactly where you need to be using google maps/earth and it generates a mapcode that you can input into your tomtom.
mapcode.com/uk/getcoordst.ht … code=HH.HH

Just keep in mind some models of tomtom have lifetime traffic and speed camera updates, and some I think still require a renewal after a year or two. The live traffic is very useful.