Newton Abbot bridge strike

Not the BEST WAY…

WTF!..

:open_mouth:

Keyberry.jpg

yourhavingalarf:
WTF!..

+1, how did he/she not notice that coming.

Think that’s the winner of “Bridge strike of the year” done and dusted for 2018!

toonsy:
Think that’s the winner of “Bridge strike of the year” done and dusted for 2018!

gotta be, i’m amazed they never tried to use the footpath tunnel as it look’s a little more square.

More proof that it’s more often a case of totally forgetting what they are actually driving ( in the form of truck v car ) than not ‘knowing’ the height of the vehicle v the bridge.Making trucks to drive like cars obviously just adds to that problem. :bulb:

My turn, my turn…agency.

google.co.uk/maps/@50.52306 … authuser=0

Hahahaha classic :smiley:

He is about 4 foot too tall for the bridge hence the cab getting a smashing. Lucky he didnt take his head off, especially if he had a passenger! also within a 7.5t weight limit, probably trying to get to decoy industrial estate, I know the place well, used to live there, but its dead easy to get to the ind est now that the south devon link road has been built.

Car sat nav !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Another cabbage on the road. This industry is rife with them. With the Eastern Euros allegedly all going home these missing drivers will need replacing and I can see the madness getting worse when the dregs of society are given Hgv tickets for free.
Oh wait I think the dregs are already here by what I see on the roads these days.

grumpyken52:
Car sat nav !

Wtf has a sat nav to do with it :unamused: , it’s an eye test he needs, he would struggle to get his ■■■■■■ van through there ffs.
Or do you reckon you need a sat nav to tell you to do and not do every ■■■■ thing ? :open_mouth:

Proof that being a complete moron no longer disqualifies you from holding a hgv licence I reckon.

robroy:

grumpyken52:
Car sat nav !

Wtf has a sat nav to do with it :unamused: , it’s an eye test he needs, he would struggle to get his ■■■■■■ van through there ffs.
Or do you reckon you need a sat nav to tell you to do and not do every [zb] thing ? :open_mouth:

Proof that being a complete moron no longer disqualifies you from holding a hgv licence I reckon.

The muppets tend to use car sat navs , mobile phones with google maps etc and blindly follow them , much like those that end up stuck in width restricted areas .

robroy:

grumpyken52:
Car sat nav !

Or do you reckon you need a sat nav to tell you to do and not do every [zb] thing ? :open_mouth:

A prize idiot indeed.

Don’t mention Trannys dipperdave will be along soon if he sees that.

robroy:

grumpyken52:
Car sat nav !

It’s just a tool rob. Nothing more and nothing less. I’ve gone around the country using my truck sat nav, using google maps on my phone when I forgot it and recently using maps when the truck didn’t have ciggy lighter working to charge the kit. I was asked to bring in my map and then was given written instructions of where to go after coming off a certain junction.

I’m no worst or better a driver when I’m using any of those three options. My preference is a sat nav as it gives me live traffic updates and syncs with my phone so I can chat to people easily. I also like being able for it to do some hard work and make me avoid bridges and 7.5t limits. Just because I can do something without a tool doesn’t mean we all should.

I think the tool is the person driving that truck who will should be banned from holding a lego land driving licence never mind a hgv.

Apart from hotting it in the first place, they obviously didn’t slow down despite it being single track amd hard to see the other side so should get extra points on licence for that…along with the ban.

Oh and the load isnt secured either…oops. Hope it not far from a train as i defo wouldnt want to be going back to the yard on recovery truck!

grumpyken52:

robroy:

grumpyken52:
Car sat nav !

The muppets tend to use car sat navs , mobile phones with google maps etc and blindly follow them , much like those that end up stuck in width restricted areas .

“Blindly following” is the problem, not any particular sort of device. Car or truck satnavs, paper or electronic maps, written or verbal directions, ALL rely on being used by a driver with a set of eye balls at least some brain power!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk