European drivers required

on indeed.com
curries solutions dumfries.
european drivers wanted
dumfries/coatbridge/warrington depods

I guess they’ve run out of flip flops to steer their trucks now then, serves them right for employing EE drivers and paying them crap wages.
I remember back in the 80s when Curries were a respected outfit running Europe, there was some great guys drove for them.

Heard nothing but bad things with curries since I joined here.

£8.50 an hour for their UK drivers. I wonder what the uplift on that whopping wage will be for doing Euro work. £8.55 perhaps?

harrawaffa:
£8.50 an hour for their UK drivers. I wonder what the uplift on that whopping wage will be for doing Euro work. £8.55 perhaps?

From my point of view the wage would have been less of a priority to the answer to the questions is it distance work or short haul tramping around Europe.If it’s the former getting paid £8.55 per hour for running between UK and Italy beats £12 per hour on brain numbing uk retail or building materials deliveries,for example.

Last but not least define ‘european drivers’.Let me guess that means the usual elitist euro experience only bollox so start at the bottom in the industry and you’ll stay there.Unless your face fits or can bs the way into the job with having supposedly started as a ‘european driver’ from getting a licence and they’d rather buy that than give someone who wants to progress from the aforementioned type zb work. :bulb:

harrawaffa:

They have recently gone crazy and upped the wage to a monstrous £9.25 per hour :laughing:

Don’t get caught up in the stampede for the interview folks…safety first.

eagerbeaver:

harrawaffa:

They have recently gone crazy and upped the wage to a monstrous £9.25 per hour :laughing:

Don’t get caught up in the stampede for the interview folks…safety first.

Minimum wage will be £9 an hour under two years time they are thinking ahead.

adam277:
Heard nothing but bad things with curries since I joined here.

Are you working for them now? What’s it like?
Regards
Paul

A “Plus fifty” or two would make the money up a bit. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Carryfast:
If it’s the former getting paid £8.55 per hour for running between UK and Italy beats £12 per hour on brain numbing uk retail or building materials deliveries,for example.

Speak for yourself: I’d take the ‘brain numbing’ £12hr home every day stuff over the £8.55hr away for weeks but I’m a real trucker stuff anytime.

Wonder if this really means running to Europe or is it a way to say only EE drivers wanted but we dont want to be found out doing that?

Pretty crap wages even if that part of the country is prob not the most expensive in the world, unlees they like Stobbies and make it up with nights out etc money?

I too want the 12/hour for running round on the right (left) side of the road and being able to grunt to security bods (or converse in English if they are from EE*).

• I also converse with anyone on O2 or Three but sorry not Vodafone…yes I’m bored waiting to load. :slight_smile:

Stanley Knife:

Carryfast:
If it’s the former getting paid £8.55 per hour for running between UK and Italy beats £12 per hour on brain numbing uk retail or building materials deliveries,for example.

Speak for yourself: I’d take the ‘brain numbing’ £12hr home every day stuff over the £8.55hr away for weeks but I’m a real trucker stuff anytime.

Assuming it’s the type of work I described,as opposed to tramping around the continent,there’s no reason why it should automatically mean being ‘away for weeks’.Many ‘international drivers’ only having themselves to blame in that regard in preferring the idea of too much of a good thing than saying no it’s time for a week off at home regardless.Which leaves the question of a three weeks away one week off rota for example.That would obviously be a game changer even at £ 8 per hour let alone £ 8.55.As opposed to a 10-15 hour shift on that brain numbing uk job + commuting time and expense. :bulb:

Stanley Knife:

Carryfast:

Speak for yourself.
I’ll take the £10 p/h mon/Fri UK only tramping job over the pair of em.

Harry Monk:
A “Plus fifty” or two would make the money up a bit. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha yes that one was lost on most of the folks on here…

Plus cinquante or cinquanta mas!

Lonewolf Yorks:

Harry Monk:

Haha yes that one was lost on most of the folks on here…

Plus cinquante or cinquanta mas!

Until a Genderm wants “un petite caffe”

commonrail:
Speak for yourself.

Each to their own. Tramping never did it for me. It’s not the sleeping in a tin can insult more a case of I prefer to be at home. Hence local 10 - 12 hour work at decent rates.

Stanley Knife:

commonrail:
Speak for yourself.

Each to their own. Tramping never did it for me. It’s not the sleeping in a tin can insult more a case of I prefer to be at home. Hence local 10 - 12 hour work at decent rates.

I do both. Suits me as I’m away a couple of nights a week generally and home the rest of them. It means I get a break from her and indoors and get some peace :laughing:

European Driver
Currie Solutions - Dumfries

Apply NowSave this job

Looking for a new challenge in a progressive company driving in Europe?

“European driving is a lifestyle. Over the years I got to travel the length and breadth of Europe and I was always made welcome, met new friends and enjoyed the independence across there.” (Stevie Stones who retired last year after 40 years service with us)

Currie Solutions is renowned for its successful European transport service and we are now looking for new team members to join us.

We are currently looking for LGV Class 1 Drivers who either have some European driving experience behind them or are looking to diversify into European driving. In return you are given a modern vehicle with sophisticated technology, additional training, a good support network and a competitive renumeration package. For this position you can be based out of our Dumfries, Coatbridge or Warrington Depots.

For more details, please contact Steven Niven, jobs@curriesolutions.com

this might be of interest to someone

Carryfast:

harrawaffa:

From my point of view the wage would have been less of a priority to the answer to the questions is it distance work or short haul tramping around Europe.If it’s the former getting paid £8.55 per hour for running between UK and Italy beats £12 per hour on brain numbing uk retail or building materials deliveries,for example.

Last but not least define ‘european drivers’.Let me guess that means the usual elitist euro experience only bollox so start at the bottom in the industry and you’ll stay there.Unless your face fits or can bs the way into the job with having supposedly started as a ‘european driver’ from getting a licence and they’d rather buy that than give someone who wants to progress from the aforementioned type zb work. :bulb:

1. Any job can get tedious and samey if you do it long enough, even long distance UK - Italy. Its why I have had so many jobs and have just swapped one euro job for another, I needed a change.

2. We’ve had this discussion before, European work isn’t hard to come by even today when a tiny fraction of companies go over the water compared to the 80’s & 90’s heyday. I wonder if your problem was you wanted to walk straight into your prefect job and turned anything that wasn’t down. My start on euro came with HSF and multi-drop work around Ireland - UK - Benelux, work you’d hate, and I worked up to the good work doing proper long distance, work you’d love. I do feel a little sorry for you as you missed what is a great experience.

Just out of interest how far do people/ companies still get nowadays? I know the middle east is not really gonna happen but what about Russia or central Asia? or Africa , well Morocco I would guess does that still happen or is it mainly just the EU states?