Red Lion Truckstop

I’m working on the site next door to the Red lion Northampton. They showed me a drawing of the layout and the Red Lion is getting an extension to its backyard and its current parking area is to be resurfaced. Much needed I reckon.
However the lay by out the front is to be drastically shortened to make way for 2 new roundabouts. That will knock the free parking on the head if you use that laybye.

msgyorkie:
I’m working on the site next door to the Red lion Northampton. They showed me a drawing of the layout and the Red Lion is getting an extension to its backyard and its current parking area is to be resurfaced. Much needed I reckon.
However the lay by out the front is to be drastically shortened to make way for 2 new roundabouts. That will knock the free parking on the head if you use that laybye.

May be the two things are connected [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Conspiracy time…

Two new roundabout’s, in an area that’s seeing lots of development, this time next year,the red lion housing estate.

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

Two new roundabout’s, in an area that’s seeing lots of development, this time next year,the red lion housing estate.

‘Development’…destructions the more appropriate word for the unrelenting defilement of our rural areas.What a hideous dystopia these evil,soulless purveyors are creating nationwide.Avebury looks absolutely awful these days now the ‘developers’,have left their concrete slime trail in a once wonderful landscape.They must die very slowly in the utmost pain imaginable.Not that the the Red Lions a bye word for pastoral pulchritudity mind,but you just know the death sentence is lingering for the immediate vicinity.Curse them to hell or at the very least; Milton Keynes.

Get whiplash parking up in there, only used it once. Great facilities but awful parking.

bloody hell what did you have for breakfast manalishi …… a dictionary. :smiley:

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

That’s a nasty cough you’ve got there [emoji6]has no one taken your wad of back hand £50notes yet [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

manalishi:

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

‘Development’…destructions the more appropriate word for the unrelenting defilement of our rural areas.What a hideous dystopia these evil,soulless purveyors are creating nationwide.Avebury looks absolutely awful these days now the ‘developers’,have left their concrete slime trail in a once wonderful landscape.They must die very slowly in the utmost pain imaginable.Not that the the Red Lions a bye word for pastoral pulchritudity mind,but you just know the death sentence is lingering for the immediate vicinity.Curse them to hell or at the very least; Milton Keynes.

Straight from Leeds City Varieties with Leonard Sachs, a ■■■■■■■■■ plethora of alphabetical ramblings! [emoji14]

Hillside Truck Stop Ltd!

I once parked there for the night, I was on Fed Ex at the time and I lived in Towcester, My previous wife came and took me home for the night :wink:

Nice to hear about the resurfacing…the ol slappers were complaining about the dust ruining their hair the last time i was parked in there…nice curry though. :smiley:

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

The new roundabouts are either side of the Red Lion roughly at either ends of the lay byes. They will be feeding the new warehouse estate behind the pub. Wouldn’t surprise me if it fed a new housing estate North of the road into Harpole as well.

Pat Hasler:
I once parked there for the night, I was on Fed Ex at the time and I lived in Towcester, My previous wife came and took me home for the night :wink:

Did your current wife of the time ever find out? :smiling_imp:

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

I was talking to a bloke there last year about what was going to happen to the Red Lion with the development planned and he said nothing as in the plans it specified the need for a truck stop to be there due to the large industrial area they’re building so I don’t know

Wheel Nut:

manalishi:

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

Straight from Leeds City Varieties with Leonard Sachs, a ■■■■■■■■■ plethora of alphabetical ramblings! [emoji14]

Hillside Truck Stop Ltd!

A beauty from a Scottish website i encountered while investigating the opinions of Mel Gibsons Braveheart flick…‘A preposterous farrago,a veritable salmagundi of tendentious piffle’. :slight_smile:

When the pub refurbishment was finished I asked about the parking area and was told it would be £1/2 million !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:
When the pub refurbishment was finished I asked about the parking area and was told it would be £1/2 million !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Is that the charge for one night?
Discount on meals?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

manalishi:

biggriffin:
Conspiracy time…

Best. Post. Ever. G’night…

Yes…it’s a shame.
I deliver concrete pipes,and it’s tragic to see acres of lush countryside ripped up.
I delivered to a site…top side of Newcastle(starting price £185000)and the houses at the start of the sire were crumbling,before the foundations for the end of the site had gone in

commonrail:
Yes…it’s a shame.
I deliver concrete pipes,and it’s tragic to see acres of lush countryside ripped up.
I delivered to a site…top side of Newcastle(starting price £185000)and the houses at the start of the sire were crumbling,before the foundations for the end of the site had gone in

Said it many times,build on golf courses rather than precious ■■■■ farmland you sons of satan.They could be imaginatively landscaped but hey folks need to ■■■■ balls in holes ffs.3 of the buggers round Winchester.

commonrail:
Yes…it’s a shame.

I deliver the blocks and the amount of block left on my trailer after I’ve craned them off is unreal. So if they crumble by then I don’t hold much hope for them in the future. Never buy a new build.