What are transport managers responsibilities

Any information please as I’m working for a company where they keep no records of vehicle location no tachometer downloads no daily check picked up from tray in three months I’m confronting transport manager tommorow would like some bullets to fire at him think he knows it all

Thanks in advance

Tachograph’s your man for this (other posters are available).

I’d say in its simplest form, TM’s responsibilities are to maintain the repute of the Company in accordance with the requirements of the O license.

That will include an effective road maintenance system, planned maintenance, checking and responding to defect report sheets, downloading tachos on a regular basis and dealing with infringements since those are two you raised.

Your Tm knows F all ! All what you listed are required by Tc office for holding O licence ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you know this?

Welshmale60:
Any information please as I’m working for a company where they keep no records of vehicle location no tachometer downloads no daily check picked up from tray in three months I’m confronting transport manager tommorow would like some bullets to fire at him think he knows it all

Thanks in advance

I not sure about Vosa rulles but now can download tacho via Gps.in most companies all this daily check paper nobody check if drivers not refused drive.

What’s there name ,that’s my kind of company

malcolmgbell:

Wot!!! it’s not still like that?

what is it with some drivers, if he decides to be crap at his job and doesn’t effect you - what’s the issue■■?

I am CPC National & International Holder, transport manager with a VOSA OCRS rating of 1 & 1 (the best you can get), idiots like him make me look good so crack on Mr TM :smiley:

I wonder if their attitude to vehicle maintenance is as flimsy as their attitude to card downloads.

Time for a new job I suspect. Probably a fly-by-night outfit.

Welshmale60:

Thanks in advance

A Tachometer is a rev counter. I am guessing you mean Vehicle Tachograph. These can be downloaded as late as every 90 days, and as a driver how would you know when they are being done?

If you are saying you are not downloading your tachograph, you are also culpable.

It should be flagged up on the vehicle tacho head that your card has to be downloaded. If you don’t take action then you are committing an offence as well as the company. How fond are you of tea and biscuits?

hardyd44:
what is it with some drivers, if he decides to be crap at his job and doesn’t effect you - what’s the issue■■?

I am CPC National & International Holder, transport manager with a VOSA OCRS rating of 1 & 1 (the best you can get), idiots like him make me look good so crack on Mr TM :smiley:

But it does affect him. If the TM is that lax with the mandatory regulatory requirements you can bet your bottom dollar things like periodic safety inspections and vehicle maintenance isn’t happening either, especially if there’s no daily check sheets.

There’s a guy who used to be a tipper driver who was driving down a hill in Bath not so long ago who worked for a firm like that and look what happened to him. In court facing death by dangerous driving charge after he killed 4 people including a 4 year old girl.

I find your attitude absolutely disgusting and if that is how you think then maybe you are unfit to be a TM too.

Conor:

hardyd44:

But it does affect him. If the TM is that lax with the mandatory regulatory requirements you can bet your bottom dollar things like periodic safety inspections and vehicle maintenance isn’t happening either, especially if there’s no daily check sheets.

There’s a guy who used to be a tipper driver who was driving down a hill in Bath not so long ago who worked for a firm like that and look what happened to him. In court facing death by dangerous driving charge after he killed 4 people including a 4 year old girl.

I find your attitude absolutely disgusting and if that is how you think then maybe you are unfit to be a TM too.

+1

Just tell the DVSA

So how did this meeting go?

Darkside:
If you are saying you are not downloading your tachograph, you are also culpable.

Since when?

If OP has offered his card for download his culpability ends there and then. It’s no longer his problem but the company’s.

Different if he was refusing to allow card download but he isn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:

Darkside:

Since when?

If OP has offered his card for download his culpability ends there and then. It’s no longer his problem but the company’s.

Drivers have to download every 28 days, even though the card will hold more than this. If you are driving with a card not downloaded for 28 days or over, it’s an offence.

malcolmgbell:

come over here and work,apart from a few big mobs that do run legal,then for the rest,its only a question of degree…its a great life… :smiley:

Darkside:

dcgpx:

Darkside:

Since when?

Drivers have to download every 28 days, even though the card will hold more than this. If you are driving with a card not downloaded for 28 days or over, it’s an offence.

Drivers have to make their card available to the operator for download within 28 days, anything more is not a problem for a driver, no tax, no o licence, no maintenance records, no problem.

The drivers problems begin when he takes a vehicle on the road with dangerous parts, bald tyres, no load restraints, the office boy is in trouble when his biro runs dry.

The role of the transport manager is one of the few jobs covered by a statutory document. Even operators should/must/have to know this.

The link is here:

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … nagers.pdf