Taco hours /breaks

Hi all new to this forum, I’m currently going though my class 2 training.
Just a quick question, if I was to drive for 4.5hours then have my 4 5mins break and then drive for another 3 hours and it came to the end of my shift would I have to take another break for the 3 hours I just drove?

Many thanks hope this makes sense.

Carltrucking:
Just a quick question, if I was to drive for 4.5hours then have my 4 5mins break and then drive for another 3 hours and it came to the end of my shift would I have to take another break for the 3 hours I just drove?

No you wouldn’t need to have another break because you wouldn’t have done another 4.5 hours driving.

Sent from my mobile.

Also these posts may be of help to you:

Carltrucking:

No, you wouldn’t have needed another break, because you are entitled to drive a 4.5 hour period before needing a break.

However, had you completed a 2nd 4.5 hour period of driving (taking you to 9 hours total for that shift) and you needed to drive up to 1 hour more (which you can do twice per week) THEN you WOULD need another 45 minute break before commencing that further driving.

No t’s the end of your shift… You just then take your 11 or 9 hours daily resst.
Then after your rest it’s a new day and your driving time resets as long as had 9 hrs.
Best thing I found to save any infringements or tacho errors. When you finish your shift put tacho on rest wait at least 1 min so it registers your on a break eject card. Then go home.
As if you just eject your card some times it can show as your still working when it’s been dowlonaded…

Thanks for all they advice /information guys much appreciated

edd1974:
No t’s the end of your shift… You just then take your 11 or 9 hours daily resst.
Then after your rest it’s a new day and your driving time resets as long as had 9 hrs.
Best thing I found to save any infringements or tacho errors. When you finish your shift put tacho on rest wait at least 1 min so it registers your on a break eject card. Then go home.
As if you just eject your card some times it can show as your still working when it’s been dowlonaded…

You do not need to set the tacho to anything when ending your shift, just simply eject it.

eagerbeaver:

edd1974:

You do not need to set the tacho to anything when ending your shif3t, just simply eject it.

+1