Hiab is 20t enough?

sammym:

Franglais:
£100 for a 3 day course? Are the Agency paying a wedge of the actual cost? Anyway in your previous posts you’ve done a fair balance of cost/benefit so how does this look? Even if it is “only builder’s merchants” is it a good investment for you?
What new opportunities could it open? Would you want those opportunities?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Don’t know enough about it to really comment. I’d get £1 an hour more. Which in real terms means I’d need to do 100 hours extra work using it over 5 years to pay for itself back. Which is only about 1 shift a year. Which sounds okay. However - the real cost isn’t £100 - it’s £100 plus three days work. So it more like £4/500 in reality. Also I’m not sure how much class 1 work there is with a hiab… And I get paid more for driving around in class 1 and it starts looking less attractive - but I don’t really know enough about it.

If it was the unlimited ticket I’d do it without thinking - but I’m thinking that they might have put this 20tm limitation on it so you are stuck driving 26t rigids to horrible residential places with shortish shifts - as builders merchants generally don’t have the hours - so I’d earn less again.

I wouldn’t mind doing steel deliveries as I’ve done that before to building sites and it was okay. I didn’t have hiab so they craned it off for me. But I’m a lot less keen on Travis Perkins type work.

You seem to be asking the right questions…
No answers from me , sorry.[emoji53]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk