My licence expired today

Thanks DVLA, great work! You’ve only had the ■■■■■■ forms and old licence for four weeks, why should I expect any different? Looks like a Terberg for me then.

the maoster:
Thanks DVLA, great work! You’ve only had the [zb] forms and old licence for four weeks, why should I expect any different? Looks like a Terberg for me then.

Four weeks? They had mine for eleven months! :unamused:

Pete.

Makes no difference you can carry on driving until it comes back

chaversdad:

Hmmm, not sure about that. It’s academic anyway as our Co policy is no liicence no drive. Having said that the same Co policy is that only valid class 1 licence holders can drive the tugs, I pointed that out to them at the same time I pointed out that I was more than happy to stay at home for a guaranteed 10 hours a day, but they’d already had a “meeting” and decided to waive them rules in my case! Go figure. :imp:

Have you checked online if it has been renewed?

Maoster , I’m so sorry to hear of your problems with dvla , a little different I know , but I just renewed my digi card and new one came back within a week !
Was there any special circumstances attached to your application ?
Plus you don’t strike me as being enough of a ■■■■ to be a shunter . !!
Jim

JFC999:
Maoster , I’m so sorry to hear of your problems with dvla , a little different I know , but I just renewed my digi card and new one came back within a week !
Plus you don’t strike me as being enough of a [zb] to be a shunter . !!
Jim

They should call you the careing cowboy :unamused:

the maoster:
Thanks DVLA, great work! You’ve only had the [zb] forms and old licence for four weeks, why should I expect any different? Looks like a Terberg for me then.

Do I detect a pattern here :open_mouth: ,first mr Roy’s licence expires now yours m8 :wink:

JFC999:
Plus you don’t strike me as being enough of a [zb] to be a shunter . !!
Jim

I’m the smileyest shunters you’ll ever encounter :smiley: . I’m not the yard policeman, I don’t care if you smoke, speed or wear flip flops and no hi vis, I’m only interested in getting you on and off a bay asap. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Have you checked online if it has been renewed?

Checked an hour ago on line Harry; status expired.

Punchy Dan:

the maoster:

Do I detect a pattern here :open_mouth: ,first mr Roy’s licence expires now yours m8 :wink:

■■■■ you Dan, rumbled! Robroy and I are the same person. Obviously I use his persona to express my questionable taste in frilly curtains and football teams! :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

the maoster:

Out with the old :wink:

You need to call DVLA in the morning, tell them your situation and you need a section 88 letter posting out immediately. This covers you to drive whilst your license is being processed, and you must carry it at all times when driving to prove you are entitled to drive. Ideally you need to ask when you send off your documents, but I was told by our office that they won’t issue one in after expiry but, try anyway. I renew my licence every year and haven’t had any problems yet. :wink:

poleman:
You need to call DVLA in the morning, tell them your situation and you need a section 88 letter posting out immediately. This covers you to drive whilst your license is being processed, and you must carry it at all times when driving to prove you are entitled to drive. Ideally you need to ask when you send off your documents, but I was told by our office that they won’t issue one in after expiry but, try anyway. I renew my licence every year and haven’t had any problems yet. :wink:

It’s called an entitlement to drive.

chaversdad:

DVLA told me exactly the same, purely academic as I haven’t used it since 2002 anyway! They sent me an Entitlement to Drive as they had my old licence.

Pete.

It says on the forms that you may carry on driving whilst Swansea have them to look at. I’ve just sent mine off yesterday - it expires on the 20th - my wife kindly photocopied my licence before I put it in the envelope which I now carry.

Couldn’t do it any earlier as I was abroad.

Silver linings - you get paid to practise your reversing and will probably be able to master blindside reverses if the DVLA keep you off the road for long enough.

I was told by DVsa until your expired lisense has been renewed you can’t drive , even after the traffic commissioners had told DVsa there was no further action required I wasn’t allowed to drive until the DVsa office had renewed it .
they were asked could I drive on various occasions but insisted my lisense had expired and until it was renewed I could not drive .

the maoster:

Punchy Dan:

the maoster:

■■■■ you Dan, rumbled! Robroy and I are the same person. Obviously I use his persona to express my questionable taste in frilly curtains and football teams! :smiley:

Now Iam confused :unamused: if you a are Robroy then who I’ve been waving too ,Nobroy perhaps ? :laughing: :blush: :wink:

sammym:
Silver linings - you get paid to practise your reversing and will probably be able to master blindside reverses if the DVLA keep you off the road for long enough.

Good point, well made :wink: