Google Maps Low Bridges

I don’t know if many use this map but I find its a real help to have a glance over to make sure your not going to run into any problems, especially if you’re doing a route you haven’t done before.

The original link that I bookmarked seems to have been deleted as it doesn’t work anymore.

I’ve found a copy of that link and if you bookmark this link, it should work again.

google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= … 3wZ2PC5KqU

That’s actually really cool! Did you create that? Chris Minihan?

I wonder how you add to it?

0965 needs updating. It’s now 14’0 / 4.2.

had a look…seems like theres a low bridge on nearly every route…time to park up… :smiley: …a great asset for Stobarts lol

Not exactly comprehensive and I’d have come unstuck if I’d relied on it tomorrow as I found one railway bridge that is in the middle of Carlisle missing.

Jeez [emoji51] how do stobarts keep so many trucks on the road!

Just checked 3 bridges that it shows local to me and all are wrong!

15’9 - Bexhill Rd - St Leonards on Sea TN38 0 – Bridge was replaced several years ago and now has no height restriction.

12’9 - A21 Bohemia Rd - Hastings TN34 1 – No bridge there, railway is under the road in a tunnel!

And this one 12’9 - Cornwallis Terrance - Market Drayton TN34 1 - Says Market Drayton but the pointer is Hastings!

Think I will stick with my truckers map book…

Martin:
Just checked 3 bridges that it shows local to me and all are wrong!

15’9 - Bexhill Rd - St Leonards on Sea TN38 0 – Bridge was replaced several years ago and now has no height restriction.

12’9 - A21 Bohemia Rd - Hastings TN34 1 – No bridge there, railway is under the road in a tunnel!

And this one 12’9 - Cornwallis Terrance - Market Drayton TN34 1 - Says Market Drayton but the pointer is Hastings!

Think I will stick with my truckers map book…

Yes, a cursory check of some of the bridges around Leeds has many missing. The inner ring road tunnel being a good example but also the one down Globe Road too which has a number of businesses in the vicinity.

There’s an 11ft one missing from Mill Rd in Rugby.

Kind of important that as it always gets snarled up by HGVs not using correct info or their eyeballs. Also brings the West coast mainline to a halt…

Just to avoid any confusion, I didn’t make the overlay. Just found a new copy.

toonsy:

Kind of important that as it always gets snarled up by HGVs not using correct info or their eyeballs. Also brings the West coast mainline to a halt…

Also missing is the 11’ 3" bridge at Long Buckby Wharf…

Will_161:
Just to avoid any confusion, I didn’t make the overlay. Just found a new copy.

Yeah I know mate but as I’ve said whoever it’s posted it’s essentially just a person doing this overlay for the “fun” of it, ie not done professionally and as such stuff is missed so be very careful.

Roymondo:

toonsy:

Also missing is the 11’ 3" bridge at Long Buckby Wharf…

I do love the faces of oncoming traffic when I scream towards that bridge in an artic :laughing:

I think it’s safe to say the most comprehensive map is the truckers atlas.

At Stobart problem sorted not.

Great idea Eddie!..

As your confused driver is heading towards a bridge he can now look away from his steering wheel, fumble around with his keyring and then… still hit the bridge.

If the height indicator in the cab, the height painted on the front of the trailer, the posters all around every depot and common sense don’t stop the green buffoons from walloping anything under 16’ 6" I doubt this latest waste of money will make the slightest difference. :unamused:

next stobbie bridge strike thread to appear on tn before july i reckon