Flip flop fail

Spoke to the driver as i was interested in how far he’d driven with it in this condition…
He told me that he was on a diversion earlier this morning(A500 i think he said) and going round a roundabout when a pole came round the outside and wiped him out.
Offending vehicle then drove off.
Driver said his truck was in for a service tonight…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He gets about…

Doesn’t he this Polski driver.

Last week he was in France.

Could there be…

Two of 'em?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Also known as a stack of Chep pallets on his nearside that he smacked whilst hanging out of the cab whilst reversing…

Confused about who failed here. The Pole who hit the truck or the truck driver who continued to use his truck in that condition? If it’s the latter I’m surprised its an issue as many on here would seemingly have no problem carrying on with a truck in that condition given the drivel they post about “cracking on”.

Also how did he know it was a Pole if the driver didn’t stop? The numberplate? Could be a British wagon pulling an unaccompanied trailer with a Polish reg plate on. Could be a Polish truck driven by anyone from anywhere else in the EU.

The lesson car drivers need to learn (and this ‘driver’) is always give the flip flops a wide berth on roundabouts because they never seem to know how to use them, outside lane to turn right with no indicators for example.

I can’t really comment one way or another in this case as obviously I didn’t witness it, but I do believe that a high percentage of these minor bumps are totally avoidable with just a little forward planning; why put yourself in such a position where it’s likely to happen in the first case? Back off ffs, it’ll cost you a second or so, maintaining the moral high ground will do little to ease the pain of 30 minutes wasted swapping details.

Not saying that necessarily was applicable in this case, but you get my drift.

truckertang:
Spoke to the driver as i was interested in how far he’d driven with it in this condition…
He told me that he was on a diversion earlier this morning(A500 i think he said) and going round a roundabout when a pole came round the outside and wiped him out.
Offending vehicle then drove off.
Driver said his truck was in for a service tonight…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like in side, would it not be on the other side to be out side, now I don’t no my in side form out side ,now I’m confused

nomiS36:
The lesson car drivers need to learn (and this ‘driver’) is always give the flip flops a wide berth on roundabouts because they never seem to know how to use them, outside lane to turn right with no indicators for example.

But there’s logic in why they do it.

toonsy:

nomiS36:

But there’s logic in why they do it.

Really? As the moaster said, just back off, let them do their thing then do your thing. A couple of seconds lost erring on the side of caution is better than hours dealing with the consequences of taking the moral high ground.

I think that driver is talking bullshine were is the rest of the damage from the imaginary truck.Why’s there no lower damage on the unit from a side swipe :unamused: :unamused:

Conor:
Confused about who failed here. The Pole who hit the truck or the truck driver who continued to use his truck in that condition? If it’s the latter I’m surprised its an issue as many on here would seemingly have no problem carrying on with a truck in that condition given the drivel they post about “cracking on”.

Also how did he know it was a Pole if the driver didn’t stop? The numberplate? Could be a British wagon pulling an unaccompanied trailer with a Polish reg plate on.

In which case there would have been a UK number plate on the back thus identifying it as such

Mazzer2:

Conor:

Also how did he know it was a Pole if the driver didn’t stop? The numberplate? Could be a British wagon pulling an unaccompanied trailer with a Polish reg plate on.

In which case there would have been a UK number plate on the back thus identifying it as such

Not true I pull roro no English plate on back,stand off with von vosa at oxford , them u have no no plate me yea i do were there bla bla bla put it there, no construction and use states rear no plate must be e luminated ,cant cover true identerty of the vehicle I’m pulling they let me go ,true story that

malcolmgbell:

Mazzer2:

Conor:

Not true I pull roro no English plate on back,stand off with von vosa at oxford , them u have no no plate me yea i do were there bla bla bla put it there, no construction and use states rear no plate must be e luminated ,cant cover true identerty of the vehicle I’m pulling they let me go ,true story that

Has the law changed then? When I was pulling foreign trailers out of the docks with British-registered trucks I was expected to affix the number-plate of my truck with dog-clips and chains to the rear of the trailer when on MOT roads. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

malcolmgbell:

Mazzer2:

Conor:

Has the law changed then? When I was pulling foreign trailers out of the docks with British-registered trucks I was expected to affix the number-plate of my truck with dog-clips and chains to the rear of the trailer when on MOT roads. Robert

This is still the case, £100 fine if you don’t.

i wouldn’t be backing off , I’d of just split the lines and made it not possible to come round the outside in the first place , that’s the difference , us old ones don’t need to take evasive action ( backing off etc ) because we’ve got enough experience not to get in a that situation in the first place :exclamation: :exclamation:

eagerbeaver:
Also known as a stack of Chep pallets on his nearside that he smacked whilst hanging out of the cab whilst reversing…

The only one whos got it right by actually looking at the picture.
Blue paint
NSF deflector knocked forwards not backward or dented as it would have been from a frontal strike

ERF-NGC-European:

malcolmgbell:

Mazzer2:

Conor:

So you had a number plate that was not eluminated construction and use says rear plate must be lit up

Trickydick:
NSF deflector knocked forwards not backward or dented as it would have been from a frontal strike

Well the OP did say the driver was “going round a roundabout when a pole came round the outside and wiped him out.” i.e. the other vehicle was travelling faster and struck as it passed him. No frontal impact involved and the damage would indeed be just the same as clipping a stack of pallets while reversing…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Trickydick:

Well the OP did say the driver was “going round a roundabout when a pole came round the outside and wiped him out.” i.e. the other vehicle was travelling faster and struck as it passed him. No frontal impact involved and the damage would indeed be just the same as clipping a stack of pallets while reversing…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yet no damage lower down the cab, looks like a stack of pallets to me.