Car transporter, driver falls asleep

https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/videos/1135895599891718/
A41 Aylesbury 18/06/18,
:open_mouth: IPV (Impact Protection Vehicle) struck by car transporter lorry. HGV driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Pushed IPV 100 metres down the road.
Everyone was ok.

Bloody hell! The crash thing on the back of the roadwork truck did its job well.

Yikes! That IPV saved not only the road workers lives, but also the transporter drivers. Lucky lucky driver!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Can happen to any of us, on a page called Idiot Drivers. Possibly he/she is, possibly they have gone over 10 hrs drive for the day and not had a 45hr off for a couple off weeks. But thing is I can get drowsy and need to pull off next place after a weekend off and 1 hour into a Monday drive

The Impact Protection Vehicle…obviously didnt work…ha ha

truckyboy:

Really ?
Have a look at all the service vans or trucks that have been struck on the hard shoulder .
The fact that the driver survived is all the proof you need .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

truckyboy:

Eh?
I’m sure everyone went home to their families after, or if not went for a check up at hospital. The IPV 100% worked, it protected impact of the vulnerable by absorbing the impact itself.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Alfa1M:
Possibly he/she is, possibly they have gone over 10 hrs drive for the day and not had a 45hr off for a couple off weeks.

Tbf I know the company and they are hot on hours/infringements so I doubt anything untoward would be allowed to happen.

truckyboy:

It’s all right mate… I got it. Sense of humour fail. :laughing:

I see it’s a BCA transporter. I could’ve driven for them if I’d stayed on with Inchcape Automotive before they eventually sold out to Camden, then Paragon!
Does anyone here drive for BCA? What are they like to work for? :slight_smile:

peterm:

truckyboy:

If it was an Impact Prevention Vehicle it deffo didn’t work :smiley:

wonder if he was overweight . before i lost [3 stone] i was often nodding off pinching my face to stay awake even on journeys of an hour or less but never feel the urge now im lighter . therell be a study somewhere about obesity and tiredness

Night-and-day:

peterm:

truckyboy:

If it was an Impact Prevention Vehicle it deffo didn’t work :smiley:

:laughing:

Alfa1M:
Can happen to any of us, on a page called Idiot Drivers. Possibly he/she is, possibly they have gone over 10 hrs drive for the day and not had a 45hr off for a couple off weeks. But thing is I can get drowsy and need to pull off next place after a weekend off and 1 hour into a Monday drive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i always think chronic boredom of your avareage uk plobber truckie type job would do more damage than driving over hours.
the newer breed seem to think that 10 hours driving plus 5 mins means carnage will ensue which is not the case.
theres plenty drive well over hours regulary with no greif,moreso abroad when you can cover massive distances on a daily basis with the only effort being sitting on the cruise looking at the scenery hence boredom dictates when your tired,not the fact of being awake for 10 hours.
its hardly manual labour grafting hard work doing a shift nowadays.
boredom on the motorway is a major player for this type of crash.
my mate used to work on the roads in one of those impact trucks and says theres plenty just drive straight into the back of it as it seems to hypnotise them for some reason though its mostly gormless wifeys that cant work out what 4 massive flashing ambers and a big arrow mean so the just head straight into the back of it.
on a plus point,he always has a good selection of mobile phones for sale as he helps clean up after the smack. :smiley: