A406 - Bridge Heights

Any low bridges en route to Park Royal coming from the bottom of the M1 onto the North Circular? Is the arched bridge off the roundabout heading for the A406 okay for a 4.9m trailer?

TIA

The arch bridge is 4.8 meters or 15.9 feet

fingermissing:

You can avoid it easily enough by turning left onto the A406 from the M1, driving a few hundred yards to the A41 exit, then doubling back on the roundabout to rejoin the A406 and going over the flyover.

Isn’t the metal bridge round by Wembley also height restricted?

Roymondo:

fingermissing:

You can avoid it easily enough by turning left onto the A406 from the M1, driving a few hundred yards to the A41 exit, then doubling back on the roundabout to rejoin the A406 and going over the flyover.

If you do that make sure take both lanes going up the slip road nice and early as you need them both to get onto and around the roundabout. Leave it too late like I did the first time and no ■■■■■■ will give you any room to move across. It’s one of those ones where it’s a good idea to command the road nice and early and don’t give them chance to be coming up either side of you :smiley:

It might be a bit longer, you might be better off, going round to the A40)M40 jcn on M25, and going up to hanger lane and then getting on to nth circular for park royal that way, as I can’t remember the height of the mecano bridge near IKEA.

biggriffin:
It might be a bit longer, you might be better off, going round to the A40)M40 jcn on M25, and going up to hanger lane and then getting on to nth circular for park royal that way, as I can’t remember the height of the mecano bridge near IKEA.

15ft 9”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

I have been that route with standard height trailers and i cannot remember seeing any low bridge signs - has the road recently been lowered through the arch?

BTW It will be a night run so I will need to stick to the non weight restricted roads.

blue estate:

biggriffin:

15ft 9”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No restriction on that bridge now. It used to be 15’9. It’s on my atlas and in my sat nav as that, but they’ve taken out some of the structure now so it’s over 16’6”