Chasis Bolts?

Hi. I hope this is the right section for this question. Am I right in thinking that the correct tensile strength bolt to attach a flatbed body to a chasis can rigid lorry is 10.9?
It’s a 23’ bed that is going onto an iveco lorry.
Thanks in advance.

Your local Iveco dealer will be able to supply a copy of the technical specification drawings to bodybuilders for the model you have.

There is more to fitting the body than just the grade of securing bolt. Get it wrong and the front body mounting brackets or the body front bulkhead and subframe will be cracking regularly, get it even more wrong and you will be removing the body in order to fit a clutch.

That explains why the front body mounts on my prime mover are spring mounted. I did wonder if it was something to do with chassis flex.

Way back when… I worked for Thorn EMI who owned Radio Rentals. They bought some Transit chassis-cabs and had a bodybuilder make some high-cube bodies. One driver, in his brand new van, was driving up the M1 when the body became completely detached and landed on the road behind him. The body had been attached to the chassis with self-tapping screws.