Ghost Jobs

Yep …. Never trust any agency, all they want is to exploit the driver, they don’t give a toss about anyone but their own bank balances. When I started with Tesco many years ago I got very bored and saw an adverstisment for drivers to work full time with a company called ‘Dragonfly comunications’, the pay and benefits were amazing, it was well thought that driving for own account companies was the best way to go, even though Tesco had the best pay etc I called and went for an interview which went very well, this was the mid 90’s when the cell phone industry was taking off big time, the job involved me driving a Volvo FH12 with a flat bed trailer and a fitted HIAB, everything sounded too good to be true …… And it was ! I waited at home, still employed by Tesco obviously for over 2 weeks to see if the job was mine, one evening the phone rang and I answered it, “Hello, is that Pat ?” asked the person calling.
“Yes it is”
“This is Dragonfly communications, you applied for a position with us recently”
“Yes I did, I had almost given up on you” I replied.
“Well the job is yours if you want it”
“Thanks you, so when do you want me to start ?”
“Toninght, can you be at Budgens in Wellingborough at 10PM ?”
“What for ?”
“To do a night trunk for them”
“F*** you, you are just a scamming group, are you telling me you are working as an agency ?”
“Not really, we told you that when work was slow we may send you to do work other than ours”
I just laughed and hung up, so happy that I didn’t get fooled by them, there are many tricksters out there.
I learned my lesson before I made a huge mistake. NEVER work for any agency.