Roadside workers injuries/fatalities

mick palmer:
A few weeks ago northbound A1M Washington early hours , had been passing tyre debris in the carriageway for a couple of miles , so was expecting to see a truck on the hard shoulder .
Sure enough there was an artic parked with the hazards on , just in case the driver is about to leave the cab or is already checking his truck I pulled out to give some room only for an East European ‘Flip Flop’ to undertake take me as we approached the stranded truck without a care .
Had anybody been working on the truck …well thankfully there wasnt .
Before anybody takes offence at ’ Flip Flop’ thats a lot better than what I called him , bloody idiot .

It’s a long time since I drove a lorry in the UK, but we have motorways hear too. :wink: I’ve always moved over half a lane to prevent cretins undertaking. Although I haven’t used the UK’s “smart motorways,” I still think they’re the most dangerous idea anyone’s come up with. We have freeways/motorways here that used to be two lane each way and nice to drive on… until they were turned into three narrow lanes with no hard shoulder, just a little lay by every now and again. :unamused: