Android Tablet

Anyone use an Android tablet as a sat nav. Saw a driver with one pulling out off the services this week and thought it was a good idea. Sat Nav and media all in one place on powerful device with a good screen. Could also be cheaper this way if you look at the price of a top end sat nav. Also be good if I could tether it to my phone so can get a good look at google earth for remote drops.

If you do this which nav app do you use?.

Google maps is what i use on the phone…transfer to a tablet…job done.

I use an iPad with the Renault trucks sat nav app. Its the co pilot one. Its taken me all over west and eastern europe with no problems.

I used Microsoft Auto Route 98 on an old laptop, it worked for me. Dead handy for finding final destination or cleaning places

When I started driving for a new company four years ago, there was an iPad in the cab with Google Maps on it. In the beginning I used the Garmin truck nav as well, but got rid of it after a few months. It’s brilliant.

We have Samsung tablets for work and when you click on the job it takes you to google maps but I prefer my sat nav.

I use a nexus 7 tablet second gen with co-pilot and google maps, handy at days end you can use it to read, email, browse internet, games etc.
Never seen the sense in a one trick pony especially at £400+

Regards
Pat

The Microlise units in the trucks I drive are basically a 7" Android tablet running Microlise software. It also has Copilot Truck satnav as well and all there on the top of the dash on a nice bracket to the left of the driver.

I used my tablet(WiFi only)for a week,when my phone broke.
I use co pilot truck.
Prefer the phone though…as it sits neatly on the dash,in front of the clocks,in the c.f. I drive.

I use a 7" Lenovo tablet with “Here we go” app for the satnav, it’s far better than my dedicated satnav and the app is free to download

peeej48:
I use a nexus 7 tablet second gen with co-pilot and google maps, handy at days end you can use it to read, email, browse internet, games etc.
Never seen the sense in a one trick pony especially at £400+

Thats what i was thinking. My unit has a usb in point so could run it through the trucks system for sound. With a well positioned bracket could be a useful feature.

I currently use a truck specific sat nav, use google maps as a back up. If they give different routes find out the reason why. So would like to use a truck specific navigation app.

Has anyone had any success using the apk files you can download free from certain sites. Igo or Sygic?. Surely this is how the £40 quis sat nav dealers get their software.

Sygic truck on Samsung tab