Tramping

Hi Guys and gals,
How long do you usually go tramping for and how often are you home?

I tramp 365 days a year, and I am home evry single night/day!

Monday - Friday
5 days work 4 nights out

tommymanc:
I tramp 365 days a year, and I am home evry single night/day!

Don’t see how you can do that

harrawaffa:
Monday - Friday
5 days work 4 nights out

Would you earn more by tramping? Don’t mean to be rude and ask how much you earn but what is the average wage for tramping?
Do you usually go across Europe? If you would work for 5 days, how many days off would you have?

Monday to Friday.4 nights out.Sometimes 5 if i work a saturday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The norm is 5 days with 4 nights away, but sometimes run into a 6th day with a 5th night out just to run back to your depot. That’s most common on mon to fri shift I think. That’s for U.K.

If you ask someone who does European then you could be talking 2/3/4 weeks away before coming home.

I do day/night work and nights/days out when needed depending on the job Mon-Sun can be a work day.

My longest so far was 19 days iirc but I will be doing longer soon as next month im going away for closer to 25 days I think. Not in the cab all the time though, plenty of days in hotels.

jaustin123:

harrawaffa:
Monday - Friday
5 days work 4 nights out

Would you earn more by tramping? Don’t mean to be rude and ask how much you earn but what is the average wage for tramping?
Do you usually go across Europe? If you would work for 5 days, how many days off would you have?

Yes you could earn more. If you’re away all week and paid hourly then it is worth maxing your hours in order to earn as much as possible. You have no commute to worry about just roll into bed once parked up.
In the years I spent tramping I earned around £35k plus night out money. Bulk waste work. Hard to give an average wage as it varies considerably depending on where you live and what kind of work you are doing.
I’ve never left the UK in a lorry. Euro work doesn’t really interest me. 5 days at work then 2 days off for the weekend.

There’s no regularity to our work. One week you could be home every night, next week away ten days on Euro, week after two days on a trip to Scotland. If you like regularity, our job is not for you!

I’m away next Sunday for 26 days but not all in the cab, most in hotels