Had a REALLY CRAP day yesterday

First time it’s happened AND hopefully never again :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks to the Polish driver that caused this and who actually didn’t bother to stop :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I hope that was sweat running down your leg :open_mouth:

Yikes! Could have ended up a lot worse though so at least be thankful for that… :open_mouth:

Reef:
Yikes! Could have ended up a lot worse though so at least be thankful for that… :open_mouth:

Certainly could Reef, ditches both side, one of them being where the cab ended up and the field to the right is about 1 metre lower than the road. The car driver and his passenger that were following thought that I was going to roll over into the field and said I did well to actually keep it on the road.
See the straight line in the centre of the road ? Mr Polski didn’t think I wasn’t going fast enough and decided to overtake :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That doesn’t look like the best of places to spin your wagon round! :grimacing:

Joking aside, hope you’re ok after that. Does your dashcam show the other driver being a sock? If so, a strongly worded e mail might be in order. Along with the bill for repair.

Well as long as no one was hurt it’s not the end of the world.

I thought I had a bad day - turned up at 3.05 and was told to take my load away as they finish at 3 on a friday… And then at my next drop had a forklift driver shout at me for reversing without a banksman. I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed… Was only using the yard as their driver said I could to turn around. We had a bit of verbal and apparently I’m now ‘banned for life from this yard’. Which is no great loss to me as I don’t like Travis Perkins or builders merchants anyway.

Accidents happen - even top quality drivers like myself can make them. So don’t stress about it.

A straight road…

How come Mr Polski ditched you then?

Deliberately cut in too early?

Things got wobbly as they passed you?

You got wobbly as you were bing passed?

You both got the wobbles?

yourhavingalarf:
A straight road…

How come Mr Polski ditched you then?

Deliberately cut in too early?

Things got wobbly as they passed you?

You got wobbly as you were bing passed?

You both got the wobbles?

Straight road yes, but up and down, hence the solid line. Blind summits and dips as they’re called in the UK
Yes deliberately cut in when he saw the car coming the other way.

sammym:
> Well as long as no one was hurt it’s not the end of the world.

Accidents happen - So don’t stress about it.

I hope that these are satirical comments made in jest Sammym, even though I don’t think you’re funny.

I hope that you never have to experience this in your career.

Looks nasty. But one wonders whether this could have been prevented. It’s fair to assume that you were driving unnecessarily slowly (but not necessarily under the speed limit) in the other driver’s opinion for him to attempt to overtake you on a solid line. Did you facilitate his overtake by easing off or braking so that he could get to the fire he was rushing to, or did you do what 99.9% of truckers do and put your foot down to “teach him a lesson” ? I have no dog in this fight but if I were a betting man…

pierrot 14:

sammym:
> Well as long as no one was hurt it’s not the end of the world.

Accidents happen - So don’t stress about it.

I hope that these are satirical comments made in jest Sammym, even though I don’t think you’re funny.

I hope that you never have to experience this in your career.

I hope I don’t either buddy. And I am really glad you are okay. It could have been a lot worst. And I’m very pleased that you are okay and no one else was harmed.

You can’t change it, you can’t go back. Be grateful that the driving God’s decided no one was going to get hurt or killed and ‘don’t stress it’. If you think I’m making fun of you then you are well off the mark. At the end of the day no one is perfect - not you, not me and not the polish plum that caused this. And on the scale of what could have happened, you were lucky.

All the best mate. Sorry if my comments upset or annoyed you.

Scary stuff

Hope all ended well and no injury.

You didn’t hold…

Him out there on the limiter?

Just askin’.

SteveWalsh:
Scary stuff

Hope all ended well and no injury.

All good Steve, thanks for asking. No injuries, but I think my heart skipped a beat or two. Didn’t even have to change the undercrackers :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
You didn’t hold…

Him out there on the limiter?

Just askin’.

Not at all Larf, I was doing around 82/83kph, (80 being the limit)

Why didn’t you let him go?

Very nasty.
You probably aint thinking it right now, but be grateful it wasnt worse. As already said, no-one hurt. :smiley:
I assume the Gendarme are involved, if you can say without prejudicing anything? Caught up with the other truck?

SuperMultiBlue:
Why didn’t you let him go?

You weren’t there, you don’t know the road, he was going for a stupid “illegal” overtake !

When he saw the car coming the other way, why didn’t he just pull back in behind me instead of continuing the overtake ?

Franglais:
Very nasty.
You probably aint thinking it right now, but be grateful it wasnt worse. As already said, no-one hurt. :smiley:
I assume the Gendarme are involved, if you can say without prejudicing anything? Caught up with the other truck?

I thought it at the time and am still grateful that someone is watching over me and my family.

Yes Gendarmes were there., always in attendance at accidents like this.

Funny thing is that the car driver that was coming towards us, actually turned round and chased after the idiot Pole, don’t know if he caught up with him, or if he managed to get the details of the vehicle to convey to the Gendarmes. I sure do f’ing hope so :exclamation:
I can imagine that he was cacking himself as he came over the brow of the hill to see a truck on his side of the road !