Should Day Drivers Personalise their cab?

/Discuss

This goes for night drivers as well or for anyone who on a daily basis shares a cab with someone else?
If so should they get upset when the other driver gets in and ‘personalises’ the cab by taking down all the tat the other driver put up?

Big Stirring Spoon.jpg

Do you need a bigger one?

Don’t get me started on dream catchers,Spanish bull fighting spears,and International flags,in a day run cement mixer rigid.
In the 90’s,a true European driver would have six weeks running money in a wallet attached to a three foot long metal chain on his belt.
Then the cow fur wooden clogs,in Hereford or Frisian style.
Ex rock and roll drivers would hang their tour lanyards from the top bunk and have a Mullet with a Pony tail hairstyle.

Whenever I do a shift I like to leave my mark by leaving all my rubbish in the cab for the next driver to enjoy.

So I see nothing wrong with any driver leaving the truck however they want.

sammym:
Whenever I do a shift I like to leave my mark by leaving all my rubbish in the cab for the next driver to enjoy.

Seems to be standard practice at my place :imp:

Some body nicked my frilly curtains, light bars when I was working for tesco,think it was a plumper, could not prove it any way

Our last (agency) day driver personalised his 18 month old truck with various scrapes, scratches, and missing mirror backs, he even went so far as having a missing door glass one day but the company insisted on replacing it.

We have a day driver who personalises his cab with the scent of a ■■■■-soaked corpse.

ezydriver:
We have a day driver who personalises his cab with the scent of a ■■■■-soaked corpse.

[emoji23]

Occasionally night drivers use mine. They know the drill though, use anything but leave it as you found it.

They’ve not touched my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ sock yet though. Or if they have it’s been left as it was found. In fairness it’s usually a bird that uses it, I can tell when I sniff the seat in the morning.

Up to them.
Used to work with a bloke who really went to town on his.
Even came in at the weekend…to tinker with it.
Nobody messed with it though.
Mainly because he’s a really nice bloke…and he teaches aikido.

Disable the core,by attacking the limbs :open_mouth:

ezydriver:

Maritime had a driver just like that, we all hated working on his truck it was really bad :frowning:

do day drivers “own” their cab now, i never did even as a tramper/night trunk or day driver. if i got into a cab that had all the stuff in windows etc and felt it affected my drive then yes it would be removed. steering wheel knobs a pet hate. when i finished my shift i would put it back best as i could and leave cab in same condition as i got it. I am the driver for that shift and I Will adjust seat mirrors and anything else i feel makes me more comfortable to drive.
I am not a fan of all that tat but each to there own and respect another drivers kit/setup. i like a clear windscreen and side windows.

I once drove for a company where the day drivers thought they owned the motors. All the frilly decorations came down, all the teddy bears and sat-nav/phone cradles in the windscreen came out, and all the crap in the cubby holes got slung on the bunk or left in the office. Nothing more ignorant than a day driver leaving all his crap in the cab for others to try and work around. No, I didn’t put any of it back. Yes, I had many confrontations.

Trickydick:

ezydriver:

Maritime had a driver just like that, we all hated working on his truck it was really bad :frowning:

That’s who ezydriver works for :wink: Must be the same chap!

sammym:

Seriously? :unamused:

Actrosman:

sammym:

Seriously? :unamused:

No. Obviously not.

This will shock this forum massively - but in the ‘real world’ I have a reasonable reputation as a driver and am requested back now, and I’ve been offered a fair few jobs. When I first started I had a few bangs - but now I just get on with it (on class 2 - I am still hopeless at driving artics backwards). And I wouldn’t intentionally upset anyone when I was being paid to do a job.

If I have food I generally don’t eat in the cab. I don’t take breaks in places I can’t get out and go for a walk and have some fresh air. At the end of the shift I put any rubbish in a bin and pack my stuff away. I’m still being paid by the hour so why wouldn’t anyone…

toby1234abc:
Don’t get me started on dream catchers,Spanish bull fighting spears,and International flags,in a day run cement mixer rigid.
In the 90’s,a true European driver would have six weeks running money in a wallet attached to a three foot long metal chain on his belt.
Then the cow fur wooden clogs,in Hereford or Frisian style.
Ex rock and roll drivers would hang their tour lanyards from the top bunk and have a Mullet with a Pony tail hairstyle.

:laughing: :laughing:

Currently have a guy who insists on putting his countries flag on the truck…
Trying to find a North Korean one to replace it with his hence me starting the topic. Also every cubbyhole and compartment has his crap in it.

After a year of other people’s filth I don’t care anymore Ill chuck it out if I’m bored/bothered and leave it if not.

A truck is a mobile office apparently with no rubbish disposal infrastructure even if you’re driving a with rubbish chomping machine attached to your back end. Too clean a truck is prissy and unnecessary but it’s not good to be bouncing up and down against the last guys burger King leftovers and ■■■■ bottle either. Tis a fine line and good to share.