Average speed cameras

Does anyone know if the average speed cameras on the M6 J2-J4 actually work? I have my cruise control on all the way and see cars bombing past at 60mph or there abouts. Madness!

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Biglew74:
Does anyone know if the average speed cameras on the M6 J2-J4 actually work? I have my cruise control on all the way and see cars bombing past at 60mph or there abouts. Madness!

Cheers

They have the “camera not in use” signs up like the rest of the M6 uptill junc 16.
16-19 DO NOT HAVE have said signs up

tommymanc:

Biglew74:

Cheers

They have the “camera not in use” signs up like the rest of the M6 uptill junc 16.

They did have ‘camera not in use’ up but they’ve been gone a month or so.

Biglew74:

tommymanc:

Biglew74:

Cheers

Wrong! Go to spec savers , unless my eyes were deceiving me last week [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Biglew74:

tommymanc:

Biglew74:

Cheers

Wrong! Go to spec savers , unless my eyes were deceiving me last week [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I drive that part of the M6 four times a night 5 days a week, get your eyes tested mate. [emoji41]

As stated above from south of J16 to just south of J13 every camera has a “Camera Not In Use” sign on it. You can crack on through on the limiter.

Telt:
As stated above from south of J16 to just south of J13 every camera has a “Camera Not In Use” sign on it. You can crack on through on the limiter.

I not asking for Junction whatever up north, I’m asking about the cameras near Coventry [emoji28]

Biglew74:

Telt:

I not asking for Junction whatever up north, I’m asking about the cameras near Coventry [emoji28]

Lol sorry I was reading it as 12-14. No idea about 2-4 as I turn off before that.

Best bet is to drive through at 56 and see if you get a ticket. Then your know for sure if there working or not

edd1974:
Best bet is to drive through at 56 and see if you get a ticket. Then your know for sure if there working or not

I’ll pass on that mate [emoji28]

edd1974:

I drive through them at 56.

You are allowed 10% plus 2mph. So you’d have to be doing 57/58 before you get a ticket/course. Have to keep an eye on it if you are going downhill though.

Biglew74:

edd1974:

I see truck drivers do it all the time. Heck I was in the passenger seat when he tried to explain to me that because the road isn’t straight I.e its never truly level and it bends the cameras will never clock your true speed. I suspect he’s right though unless they lowered the gotcha speed to like 53/54 mph average.
Dunno how true it is but he was still doing it when I left.

Not trying to be a smartarse here, but why would it bother you whether the cameras are working or not? If there’s not enough time to do your trip at the speed limits with a bit of leeway for traffic… tough ■■■■■ for the boss/planners.

That stretch of roadworks is roughly 15 miles long.

To drive that at 50mph will take about 18 minutes.

To drive it at 56mph will take about 16 minutes.

Is two minutes really worth the annoyance of being up the backside of the vehicle in front? Is it worth chancing three points and a fine or speed awareness course?

toonsy:

Is two minutes really worth the annoyance of being up the backside of the vehicle in front? Is it worth chancing three points and a fine or speed awareness course?

Definitely not, I was just curious mate.

toonsy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yep…worth every second though ive went through everything at 56 with no grief sofar…including the times ive forgotten to forget to put my rear number plate on. :slight_smile:

adam277:

Biglew74:

edd1974:

I see truck drivers do it all the time. Heck I was in the passenger seat when he tried to explain to me that because the road isn’t straight I.e its never truly level and it bends the cameras will never clock your true speed. I suspect he’s right though unless they lowered the gotcha speed to like 53/54 mph average.
Dunno how true it is but he was still doing it when I left.

There’s a difference between the cameras that measure your speed at a fixed point (eg Gatso) and the average speed cameras

The latter are linked ANPR cameras set up measured distances apart. They record the time your number plate passes camera one and the time it passes camera two. They calculate your average speed on the time taken from one to the other, and if you do it too quickly they issue a ticket automatically.

dieseldog999:

toonsy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yep…worth every second though ive went through everything at 56 with no grief sofar…including the times ive forgotten to forget to put my rear number plate on. :slight_smile:

Must be really useful having no rear number plate for all those front facing cameras? :unamused:

sammym:

edd1974:

I drive through them at 56.

You are allowed 10% plus 2mph. So you’d have to be doing 57/58 before you get a ticket/course. Have to keep an eye on it if you are going downhill though.

Myth

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:

toonsy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Must be really useful having no rear number plate for all those front facing cameras? :unamused:

[emoji23]