Appleby Horse Festival traffic jam

youtube.com/watch?v=CtT7pOqD1RQ

Angry motorists were left stuck in a two-mile traffic jam after two travellers with their horses and
traditional caravans made their way toward Appleby Horse Fair. Dashcam footage captured by a
driver in the opposite direction shows the tailback caused by the men, who seemed undisturbed by
the snaking traffic in their wake.

The two caravans moved along slowly towards the famous fair while more than 100 cars, lorries
and vans built up behind them. The fair in Appleby-in-Westmorland, ■■■■■■■■ typically welcomes
10,000 gipsies and travellers as well as 20,000 other people.

I can see this thread ending in tears before bedtime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Notice there are very few Teesside wagons in that queue. The locals know better than to go that way at this time of year unless they’ve no choice! :grimacing:

Better known as the annual pi55 up for ■■■■■…with the odd punch up thrown in, and a few horses for sale/swap/buy…and dont give a to55 about anyone else…on the road or not.

Yep, typical of the thieving scumbags [emoji35] couldn’t give a ■■■■ about anybody else or the law. If a farmer did that in his tractor he’d get fined. The cops should ban them from the A66 and make them take the back roads.
Having said that because I know these low life’s are having their shindig at the moment I would have avoided the area at all costs. A69 [emoji362]

Anybody know if it’s OK to partake in this ‘grabbing’ ritual if your not part of the travelling community.
Asking for a friend …

I’m just pleased to see someone other than us oldies being blamed for going too slow for a change :smiley:

I have to respect their ‘no forks given’ attitude and a lifestyle outside the ‘norm’, we all go on about rules is rules bollox yet these fellas and lasses show us there’s another dare I say better way to live.

Congregating and having a laugh without their heads buried in a mobile phone ■■■■■■■■■ it hoping for a like on Facebook.

Yep more power to em I say, bet the parties are legendary. Some of the ladies are crackers even if they do all look very similar.

In the same way as not every driver ■■■■■■ in a bottle not every traveller is out to nick your diesel.

Edit: I do ■■■■ in a bottle.

This yearly thread has also lasted longer than previous outings.

Dipper_Dave:

You only do that to drink it later in some ■■■■■ game Dipper, we know what you are like always talking of golden showers

3 wheeler:

Dipper_Dave:

You only do that to drink it later in some ■■■■■ game Dipper, we know what you are like always talking of golden showers

Actually he does it so that I can drink it.

I.ve had it 2 days on the trot, tipping at Penrith theres not a lot i could do but sit in it, think the last of the stragglers have gone so it should be business as usual tomorow

Most people in the jam would have recognised the Keedwell truck and blamed that :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
I have to respect their ‘no forks given’ attitude and a lifestyle outside the ‘norm’, we all go on about rules is rules bollox yet these fellas and lasses show us there’s another dare I say better way to live.

Congregating and having a laugh without their heads buried in a mobile phone ■■■■■■■■■ it hoping for a like on Facebook.

Yep more power to em I say, bet the parties are legendary. Some of the ladies are crackers even if they do all look very similar.

In the same way as not every driver ■■■■■■ in a bottle not every traveller is out to nick your diesel.

Are you kidding? It’s the advent of mobile phones which has largely contributed towards these people being the infernal plague that they are!

Never seen one with a mobile myself, surely they are just happy go lucky folk living their own lifestyle of choice.

Dipper_Dave:
Never seen one with a mobile myself, surely they are just happy go lucky folk living their own lifestyle of choice.

Next time one of them pass you, just look at bloke driving the transit, he will no doubt have a phone up near his ear,

biggriffin:

Dipper_Dave:

Next time one of them pass you, just look at bloke driving the transit, he will no doubt have a phone up near his ear,

Just like the school bus driver I seen this morning in Motherwell then…

Seems like a strong close community to me with a solid bond of clanship leading to perhaps a utopian way of life.

Excluding the ones who nick our fuel what have the Romanians ever done to us.

The more I learn about the travelling community the more I find I want to join them.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy a caravan and a horse then just turn up at a site and fit in or do you have to set up your own clan.

Is there an initiation ceremony or test to pass.

Although this ‘Stallion Flashing’ looks fun I’m more interested in the ‘grabbing’ tradition, can girls grab boys as well, can you grab someone else’s wife or in my case could someone teach me how to grab my own wife as begging for coitus every weekend is getting tiresome.

Dipper…thanks for the smiles you give us…lightens the spirit somewhat…But the question you ask ( not about the missus you understand :smiley: ) but the travellers…who see a green spot, or an empty unit and by some sort of by laws are allowed to stay, until a court order kicks them off…but i wonder what those rights consist of…can any caravanner just pitch up, and have a care in the world…i mean, its a free rubbish tip as well…do someones garden…or driveway…building work, and dump it in your own back yard…and when kicked off…let the tax payers pay to have it cleared…not forgetting, with no tax or NI to worry about ( cash only missus ) and vehicle not taxed or mot, or taxed either, what can anyone say…if you tell em…Sorry mate, im a traveller, i dont partake in that crap ( in an irish accent of course )…no fixed abode either, no summons to be sent…what a life eh…i think its called Utopia…ha ha

There is a big row going on up here in S. East/East ■■■■■■■ as the Locals along the route “to hell” a.k.a. Appleby Fair are kicking off big time because of all the agg and crap “The tribe” leave in their wake on their way to Appleby. Kirkby Lonsdale had a right “belly full” of “them” like doing “runners” out of cafe’s without paying as well as general thieving and abusing the locals ! The local Police Commissioner said if he could he would ban Appleby Fair but it goes way back hundreds of years to a Charter that was granted for a “fair” to be held at Appleby ( or near by) so he has admitted that he has is work cut out ! But hey! they finally stopped smoking in Public places eventually and it took some time so who knows this might be the first shot in the battle to kick this anti social shambles into touch ! Cheers Bewick.