Who else is a sinner?

When I finished my dreaded dcpc for the last deadline who else said I’m going to do one a year blah blah blah…
I just couldn’t face it but now its looming and not done one. Am I alone or is it going to be a mad rush again.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
When I finished my dreaded dcpc for the last deadline who else said I’m going to do one a year blah blah blah…
I just couldn’t face it but now its looming and not done one. Am I alone or is it going to be a mad rush again.

No you aint alone.
I’m dreading having to endure all that bull sh again.
Once you have done it that should be it, but that’s working on the assumption that it’s a genuine qualification (which it aint) rather than a money generating scheme (which it is). :bulb:

We have to have ADR, so we get 28 hours on that straightaway. Only leaves 7 hours to find something for and I try and do various useful ones.

Too many sinners with too many pinners.

All ears.jpg

I’ve just got my module 10 to do next year now. :grimacing:

Fully intend on having mine signed off without ever attending a death by boredom class.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Fully intend on having mine signed off without ever attending a death by boredom class.

I wish… I don’t know if I can stand 35 hours of nonsense

I’ve done two…

Modules or lessons or what ever the ■■■■ these things are called nowadays.

Fell out with the trainer on the first one and fell asleep during the second.

Amazingly, despite that, I still passed. :open_mouth:

I feel I have stuff to learn and don’t mind doing them. If I’d been doing this job full time for 20/30 years I’d probably feel differently.

But even I have heard that you can get the card without turning up… You need to give someone a few quid and hours are uploaded. If I have been given details I’m amazed some of you experienced blokes have not got this info.

I’ve been offered but I’m the sort who would get caught and then it’s not worth it.

sammym:
I feel I have stuff to learn and don’t mind doing them. If I’d been doing this job full time for 20/30 years I’d probably feel differently.

But even I have heard that you can get the card without turning up… You need to give someone a few quid and hours are uploaded. If I have been given details I’m amazed some of you experienced blokes have not got this info.

sammym:

Maybe some have… but thought better of it than to post it on a public forum eh? :bulb: :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:
I’ve done two…

Modules or lessons or what ever the [zb] these things are called nowadays.

Me too.
Started from Penrith… about 0300.
Breakfast on me knee,then had to endure the lecture on the perils of driving whilst tired/distracted…for 7 hours.
How ironic

The reason most sensible drivers aint daft enough to join in any fiddle, is that when (not if) the fool operating the scam gets caught, i am certain the powers that be will nullify every single module that person has entered onto the system, all of a sudden you aint covered.

Employers of the decent variety pay for the course and pay the employees to attend, we’re doing one module a year, nice easy day and the bods who take us make it useful and fairly interesting.

Doing my final day on Saturday. A whole 14mths early :smiley:

sammym:

I think it depends on the course - I don’t think there is anything wrong with an drivers hours refresh - you only have to look at some of the different opinions on some of the more technical aspects to see that it can be useful even after 30 years to attend. Where it goes wrong is when they make up a course that achieves nothing and more than likely could be covered in an hour.

Yes, I think most people know that you can be fly and not do the hours, but sooner or later it will come on top. We pay the drivers to attend the courses, it’s no great effort to them.

Juddian:
i am certain the powers that be will nullify every single module that person has entered onto the system, all of a sudden you aint covered.

Happened at Stagecoach in Exeter :laughing: :laughing:

route-one.net/articles/Drivi … ng_alleged

yourhavingalarf:
I’ve done two…

Modules or lessons or what ever the [zb] these things are called nowadays.

Is it a pass fail thing I thought it was an attendance course lol

Basket:

Juddian:
i am certain the powers that be will nullify every single module that person has entered onto the system, all of a sudden you aint covered.

Happened at Stagecoach in Exeter :laughing: :laughing:

route-one.net/articles/Drivi … ng_alleged

Much obliged to me learned fiend.

One of the chaps who takes our DCPC classes is an ex VOSA senior examiner, i like his classes, he concentrates on keeping us out of trouble and forgoes much of the ■■■■■■■■ some others spout.
It was him that mentioned DVSA cancelling training stamps on the website due to fiddling.

I did my last course 4 years ago…the next one is due in 2019…so after Brexit…it may be cancelled then…or i will do it and celebrate twice. :smiley:

I love em….in fact I am doing more than the 5 days worth. The course is free and I am paid time and a half for doing nothing more than sitting in a classroom listening to music via headphones. Happy days kerching!! £££££££ :sunglasses:

Best 7 hours of the year.