Having breaks on fuel pumps.........Again

Yesterday early evening all four lanes blocked for over 10mins by drivers sat in there cabs, can only assume they were all taking a break

TheNewBoy:
can only assume they were all taking a break

Which means instead of bringing it up with them, you decided to post pictures online and whine about it.
If you arent willing to confront people at the time, stop ■■■■■■■■ and moaning online about it a day later.

I was halfway through paying for fuel at Toddington a few weeks back, flaming power cut halfway through the transaction had to stand there 20 mins whilst they rang through to BP to sort the payment out, go back to my cab and a big fat heart attack waiting to happen of a driver was stood at my cab mouthing off at me giving it the big one, I was about to explain myself but thought nah sod it and just smiled and climbed up to me cab.

Hate ■■■■■■■■■ who make assumptions. All 4 on break? Highly unlikely

I take 30mins on the pumps but I at least have the decency to leave the pipe in the tank to confuse the internet heroes :wink:.

I also put me pipe in when I’m not even getting fuel.

I also thank people when I cut them up, makes it look like they’ve flashed me in and can neutralise the dash cam queen’s.

The-Snowman:

TheNewBoy:

Which means instead of bringing it up with them, you decided to post pictures online and whine about it.
If you arent willing to confront people at the time, stop ■■■■■■■■ and moaning online about it a day later.

Spot on.
I often get a 15 minute break in while fueling up. I have never
had anyone whinge to my face YET, 30 yrs in the job and i have never seen so many hard keyboard warriors.

Dunno about you but when I get back in my cab after fuelling up I tend to do things like fill in the paperwork on my run sheet I have to, make sure I’ve plugged my phone in, sat nav if I’m using it is doing what it is supposed to, coffee if I bought one is placed in cup holder and get nice and comfy before setting off, all things you’re not supposed to do when driving.

Sure it can be annoying if you’re waiting for someone to move so you can get on but a minute when you’re waiting for someone to move seems like a hell of a long time and if it knackers your day up that much you should consider going working for someone else. If it gets your ■■■■■■■ ruffled that much you should consider changing career because you’ll have a heart attack if a minor hold up gets your blood pressure up that much.

One of the benefits where i work is our own fuel and adblu, really can’t be doing with the filling station faff any more, made miles worse by inconsiderate ill-mannered incompetent people masquerading as lorry drivers.

Dipper_Dave:
I take 30mins on the pumps but I at least have the decency to leave the pipe in the tank to confuse the internet heroes :wink:.

I also put me pipe in when I’m not even getting fuel.

I also thank people when I cut them up, makes it look like they’ve flashed me in and can neutralise the dash cam queen’s.

Wthat a ■■■■■■■ legend!

The-Snowman:

TheNewBoy:

By the sound of your reply one of them was probably you

Your opinion is yours & mine is mine, I actually walked around the front of the pumps & all 4 drivers were sat in there motors, none had pipes in tank & was more than a few minutes my head unit registered 12 minutes waiting

TheNewBoy:

Nope. But even if it was, I can be safe in the knowledge you wont come chapping the door so I could pretty much do what I like.

TheNewBoy:
Your opinion is yours & mine is mine,

Actually you saying nothing to them at the time but taking a picture to whinge online about it the next day isn’t an opinion, it’s fact.

Footdown:
I often get a 15 minute break in while fueling up.

I took a 30 at southwaite a couple of times coming back up from Leeds when I did night trunks. Never had anyone have a go at me for it either. Although maybe they took pictures and put them online when they were safely hidden behind their keyboards, who knows

Footdown:

The-Snowman:

TheNewBoy:

Spot on.
had anyone whinge to my face YET, 30 yrs in the job and i have never seen so many hard keyboard warriors.

First post ,■■■■■■■■.

Conor:
Dunno about you but when I get back in my cab after fuelling up I tend to do things like fill in the paperwork on my run sheet I have to, make sure I’ve plugged my phone in, sat nav if I’m using it is doing what it is supposed to, coffee if I bought one is placed in cup holder and get nice and comfy before setting off, all things you’re not supposed to do when driving.

Sure it can be annoying if you’re waiting for someone to move so you can get on but a minute when you’re waiting for someone to move seems like a hell of a long time and if it knackers your day up that much you should consider going working for someone else. If it gets your ■■■■■■■ ruffled that much you should consider changing career because you’ll have a heart attack if a minor hold up gets your blood pressure up that much.

Another complete ■■■■■■■■

Juddian:
One of the benefits where i work is our own fuel and adblu, really can’t be doing with the filling station faff any more, made miles worse by inconsiderate ill-mannered incompetent people masquerading as lorry drivers.

Spot on.

TheNewBoy:

The-Snowman:

TheNewBoy:

Your opinion is yours & mine is mine, I actually walked around the front of the pumps & all 4 drivers were sat in there motors, none had pipes in tank & was more than a few minutes my head unit registered 12 minutes waiting

Be better ignoring that one mate,well known as a wind up merchant he’s got worse since his buddy flounced off,allegedly.

Conor:

So if it’s no big deal, then why don’t you move your truck forwards or out of the way to do paperwork/get comfy etc?

I keep rambling on about how drivers used to be with each other as opposed to some of the present sorry arsed ■■■■ with Class 1s today. :unamused:
Just like other adpects of the job, it was just the ‘‘done thing’’ to fuel up and instead of hogging the pump pull forward to let the next lad in…and then go and check in/pay…(in fact some of US still do that, the ones who aren’t selfish ■■■■■ :bulb: )
It’s ok the likes of Conor saying ‘‘If you can’t wait 2 mins’’ etc etc, :unamused: but it may be important to the driver if time is tight, and jack all to do with work as such, more to do with drivers welfare :bulb:
Maybe to…get home after a week or more away, or to get on a boat in time, or to get to a favourite park up point as opposed to a ■■■■ lay by or something, or just to get to the ■■■■ pub…who knows, but why be a ■■■■ and hold others up. :unamused:

I can’t believe some of the ■■■■ poor attitudes on stuff on here sometimes. :unamused:

robroy:
I keep rambling on about how drivers used to be with each other as opposed to some of the present sorry arsed [zb] with Class 1s today. :unamused:
Just like other adpects of the job, it was just the ‘‘done thing’’ to fuel up and instead of hogging the pump pull forward to let the next lad in…and then go and check in/pay…(in fact some of US still do that, the ones who aren’t selfish [zb] :bulb: )
It’s ok the likes of Conor saying ‘‘If you can’t wait 2 mins’’ etc etc, :unamused: but it may be important to the driver if time is tight, and jack all to do with work as such, more to do with drivers welfare :bulb:
Maybe to…get home after a week or more away, or to get on a boat in time, or to get to a favourite park up point as opposed to a [zb] lay by or something, or just to get to the [zb] pub…who knows, but why be a [zb] and hold others up. :unamused:

I can’t believe some of the ■■■■ poor attitudes on stuff on here sometimes. :unamused:

+1

^^^ yup.

Wish i could put things quite as well as our old mate Robroy.

Simply finish filling up pull forward go pay have ■■■■ buy haribo what ever you want then get on your way.

bobbya:

Footdown:

The-Snowman:

TheNewBoy:

Spot on.

First post ,[zb].

How very observent of you

And…