Interesting job

This is an unusual Job advert, I thought it might be on interest to someone, I would be wary though.

HGV Class 1 permanent drivers required Start May 2018

Immingham based

Day Work & Nights Out

These are full time permanent positions for the correct drivers

Will be driving left hand drive truck (UK only) trailer only, no containers

Contract specific training to be provided (eco drive)

Uniform provided after qualifying period

ADR is required

Must be over 25 years of age and held licence for 2 years with UK driving experience

Must have full current clean licence (minor infringements only)

Must speak English

Live in the UK

or in the cab working 4 weeks on 1 week off or 8 weeks on 2 weeks off

Basic £630 per week Monday to Friday after training

Saturday/Sunday £17.00 per hour

• Holiday Pay

Nights Out @ £25 per night paid if you live in the UK

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: £32,240.00 to £42,000.00 /year

Experience:

relevant: 2 years

30+ days ago - Save Job
Apply Now

Please review all application instructions before applying to Primedrive.

Apply Now

Agency. The job won’t exist. “But we do have some 7.5 tonne multi-drop work instead”.

Why would they operate LHD trucks to do UK only work?

Said he, as if he didn’t know.

It’s Smeets. prime Drive are the retained Agency. Good bloody luck to anyone who takes it.

8 weeks on 2 weeks off and you don’t even leave the UK, I thought that sort of shift pattern was for the likes of the touring lads, who on Earth would want that on UK only work :open_mouth:

maga:
8 weeks on 2 weeks off and you don’t even leave the UK, I thought that sort of shift pattern was for the likes of the touring lads, who on Earth would want that on UK only work :open_mouth:

From what I have seen most of their drivers are Hungarian so it would suit them, based in Immingham truck stop

maga:

That’s a usual ee shift pattern, 2weeks off,then back into the next empty motor in the yard.

Trucky Mc truckface:
It’s Smeets. prime Drive are the retained Agency. Good bloody luck to anyone who takes it.

Exactly good luck. I wrote about this job advert on other topics regarding Smeets Transport.

630£ for all hours, 71 from Monday to Friday if you like ( 3x15 hrs + 2x 13hrs) parking not paid because therefore you get Night Out money [emoji857][emoji45][emoji33]

Pretty low pay isn’t it ?

Not a company I’m familiar with. Are these LHD units UK reg?
If they never cross the water seems slightly peculiar to me.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

They are on UK reg but Smeets are a Belgian firm I believe so probably bought as a job lot with the rest of the fleet and cheaper than sourcing the units through a UK Mercedes dealership.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

They are on UK reg but Smeets are a Belgian firm I believe so probably bought as a job lot with the rest of the fleet and cheaper than sourcing the units through a UK Mercedes dealership.

Ta. That’d probably be it.

I past one yesterday on the M74, left hand drive MAN on uk plates

chaversdad:
I past one yesterday on the M74, left hand drive MAN on uk plates

Mercs as well.
I was kinda half taking notice thinking home based tramping… until I saw the Agency name mentioned.
Would not trust agencies as far as I can ■■■■.

Pat Hasler:

In my eyes yes, the only good thing is the 17£/hrs on weekends.

Believe me, this company will make you work all hours if you let them.

They deliever 2-3 loads per trailer on a day and collect 1-2 loads on the same day. Apparently only bigger companies and no back streets delieveries. They’re customer driven as on of their gaffers told me in an interview.

Tipperdipper1:

Pat Hasler:

In my eyes yes, the only good thing is the 17£/hrs on weekends.

Believe me, this company will make you work all hours if you let them.

They deliever 2-3 loads per trailer on a day and collect 1-2 loads on the same day. Apparently only bigger companies and no back streets delieveries. They’re customer driven as on of their gaffers told me in an interview.

Companies like that are not worth applying to, everyone should hold out and see them put the pay up when they run out of drivers, unfortunately there are young cab happy kids who will work for crap pay just to drive a lorry. Agencies are all rip off merchants, they charge the firms they contract to huge hourly rates, pay the drivers a pittance and cream the vast profits whilst giving drivers no security or very poor benefits.
All agencies should be made illegal.