Kent layby parking

Kent lay by night parking ban expected to go national wide after the trail. It has been a great success.lots of money raised.
youtube.com/watch?v=lflJJF4BVy4

…So, fewer places to park up in the UK than other EU countries, the infrastructure of this country is shuddering to a halt…So they will make it illegal to park in lay-bys in other places of the UK, primarily because of the revenue raised :question:

Am I missing something here :question: They are going to create worse conditions for drivers and punish the employers via fines :question:

I have no idea why anyone would want to go out in an HGV these days, are they trying harder than ever to break the industry :question:

fingermissing:
Kent lay by night parking ban expected to go national wide after the trail. It has been a great success.lots of money raised.
youtube.com/watch?v=lflJJF4BVy4

Funny or not but i think most narrow lay by must be closed.Truck must parked if between lay by and road have some reservation line.If company not happy that they must work partnership with farmer or… and try build more own yard for planned night out.And if they do this that will be strong competition to MSA services.Why they can build may by some 20 big warehouse around Magna park,Avonmonth,Milton Keynes and spend for this billion pound but not build aroun not one big lay by???Why Lidl build yard before gates where truck can be parked.But all Tesco,Asda,Co op buid security gates near road???Must rulles who near every big warehouse before gates must by at least some 20-40 parking spaces.

att:
…So, fewer places to park up in the UK than other EU countries, the infrastructure of this country is shuddering to a halt…So they will make it illegal to park in lay-bys in other places of the UK, primarily because of the revenue raised [emoji780]

Am I missing something here [emoji780] They are going to create worse conditions for drivers and punish the employers via fines [emoji780]

I have no idea why anyone would want to go out in an HGV these days, are they trying harder than ever to break the industry :question:

Obviously it’s a ploy to get us all into ripoff MSA’s

Currently parked up through bellend RDC morons taking nearly 6 hrs to tip so ran out of duty time.

Forced night out I didn’t want on a Sat. £28 charge!

Was thinking of trying to get further up but it def would have been a lay-by so going by this new idea of banning it wouldn’t be an option in future if they get their way

Saying that I’m sure it’ll only be lay-bys near whining nimbys that’ll be affected[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

att:
…So, fewer places to park up in the UK than other EU countries, the infrastructure of this country is shuddering to a halt…So they will make it illegal to park in lay-bys in other places of the UK, primarily because of the revenue raised :question:

Am I missing something here :question: They are going to create worse conditions for drivers and punish the employers via fines :question:

It’s a ready broke they are making it unrepairable

att:

Why you think who nobody want go to LGV drivers.All driving school working and working.People must wait till booked test long time.Can be much more new drivers but company cry about shortgate but ask from new drivers who must hold licence at least 6 month or 12 month.Can pass test today but find job just may be after month and month.

I think,(careful) they will try to ban overnight parking in lay-bys which don’t have a separation area from the main road, and I would vote for it, just travel up the A1 from Stevenage north, little lay-bys unsuitable for anything bigger than a car, yes highways need to make bigger lay-bys country wide,

Planning laws need changing,so anybody building warehouse,needs to provide spaces for trucks, won’t happen, because of the costs and rubbish left everywhere.

biggriffin:
I think,(careful) they will try to ban overnight parking in lay-bys which don’t have a separation area from the main road, and I would vote for it, just travel up the A1 from Stevenage north, little lay-bys unsuitable for anything bigger than a car, yes highways need to make bigger lay-bys country wide,

Planning laws need changing,so anybody building warehouse,needs to provide spaces for trucks, won’t happen, because of the costs and rubbish left everywhere.

Rubish no good.But clean parking yard for 20-40 truck can taked about 1 hours for warehouse cleaner.Really it is no extra cost for cleaning.

Over recent years they’ve taken it to the next level on the A1, they filled them in

This in the same week that it is announced that Tesco Fenny Lock is to close. A massive site which could easily accommodate a very large number of lorries for overnight, weekend and emergency parking with no more disruption to the locality than is already extant.

There is an easy solution to this nationwide, but the will to issue a compulsory purchase order and for the government to put its hands in its pocket to convert redundant sites of this size will never be there. Too busy looking after their friends in finance and sucking up to them to guarantee the offer of future positions on the board of directors, in case they get booted out of office.

Isn’t it time we stopped working for employers who don’t hold our end up when it comes to this #me too thing of “RDC Abuse”?

If I was at a remote RDC and knew I didn’t have time to get home - I’d stay on their bay, and cause as much disruption by doing so as possible.

Do drivers ever get sacked for “refusing to break the law”? or in this case, “refusing to leave an RDC with insufficient time to get home, thus left hunting for a parking space that probably doesn’t exist, especially mid-week”? :imp:

If I was a day man,I wouldn’t work for a firm that maxed me out.
10 hours is plenty,when working from home.
However…i’ve always tramped,so it’s never been an issue for me.

commonrail:
If I was a day man,I wouldn’t work for a firm that maxed me out.
10 hours is plenty,when working from home.
However…i’ve always tramped,so it’s never been an issue for me.

I’m a day man…

Trust me, after Eddie has spent over five hours looking for nine pallets in his chilled warehouse, your ten hour shift leaves you stuck in a lay by somewhere with your jacket for a pillow.

It’s rare (only once last year) but it does happen.

If I was looking for day work,i’d be looking for something that involved a day cab.

Was driving down to deal yesterday for the car show…most laybys were not only full…but parked side by side to with the exit and entrance blocked…so a driver who only wanted a 45…was stuffed. there is only 1 services between london and dover suitable for hgv parking…so if they widen it…every one will be stuffed…as the services in this country cannot take every truck on the road between them…so where do drivers park ?/
The rumour earlier this year was that a hgv can only park where there are facilities.ie…toilets , shower, hot/cold food…so thats everyone included…and laybys will be a short stop only…but at least they will be empty for a 45.

It’s all very well banning lay-bys etc but anyone knows if you’re not parked up by about 5.30pm you stand no chance in a MSA or a lot of truckstops. Thankfully I don’t do nights out now but I often didn’t park up until about 8 pm absolutely no chance of secure parking most nights.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
It’s all very well banning lay-bys etc but anyone knows if you’re not parked up by about 5.30pm you stand no chance in a MSA or a lot of truckstops. Thankfully I don’t do nights out now but I often didn’t park up until about 8 pm absolutely no chance of secure parking most nights.

To be honest, I wouldn’t call MSAs secure parking.

Prob a wrong choice of words, perhaps structured parking is better

Will_161:

P Stoff:

To be honest, I wouldn’t call MSAs secure parking.

Me neither.We’ve been forbidden from Cherwell ffs,a strategic dead cert for an overnight,some break ins you see.Oh and no laybys even when empty ffs.Tracker tells where you finish and night out denied if not in an MS ■■■■ A .Reaching end of my tether rapidly.Twice this month i’ve been the very last one at Beaconsfield msa,ie no point plodding to Southampton because…Fleet MSA now longer want our parking custom.Kafkaeque nightmare but roll up you young uns,all this could be yours.

manalishi:
Me neither.We’ve been forbidden from Cherwell ffs,a strategic dead cert for an overnight,some break ins you see.Oh and no laybys even when empty ffs.Tracker tells where you finish and night out denied if not in an MS [zb] A .Reaching end of my tether rapidly.Twice this month i’ve been the very last one at Beaconsfield msa,ie no point plodding to Southampton because…Fleet MSA now longer want our parking custom.Kafkaeque nightmare but roll up you young uns,all this could be yours.

That is tragic that you allow yourself to work under those conditions.

Don’t care if they shut every lay-by in the country, I’ll just go back to not stopping.