Shit RDCs

Got coerced into a run up to a supermarket RDC Glasgow this morning when I got back to yard…I was caught at a weak moment on the phone yesterday. :unamused:
Got there and I looked forward to an hour’s kip on the bunk on the bay, …but no you guessed it, I’m sat on a ■■■■ plastic chair watching some crap on telly instead. :smiling_imp:
I tried to reason with the guy on the counter being very friendly, and said ‘‘Any chance of handing keys in and going for a kip mate’’ offered to drop airline, drop legs or even drop trailer, (or any other ■■■■ way he could stop me from moving off)…but no, not a ■■■■ chance.

I’ve been here 1 and half hours and counting, trying to keep a low profile sat in a corner, trying to look unfriendly, and make my body language say to others… ‘’ ■■■■ off, Don’t talk to me, I don’t want to hear your made up bs’’ :smiley: …although I can still hear some of it. :unamused:

I don’t usually do this type of crap work, (thank Christ) and I know some of you lads will be used to it, and take all that crap for granted, but I mean ffs,.I had zero intention of moving off the bay, so what IS the problem.
(I know the answer btw, knob heads in the past who have pulled off, but Jeez. :unamused: )

So I still need to take a 45 now later on, instead of just ■■■■ ing off home. :unamused: :imp:
■■■■ RDCs you can keep them. :smiling_imp:

Dont the Chinese have a saying? "The bad times are sent to judge the good times by". The next farm yard will seem a little less muddy, the lanes will be slightly wider, and the rain wont seem quite as wet next week!
:smiley:

You should try the I’ve left my breakfast/lunch in the cab, any chance I can just grab my keys so I can get it line.

Its always a good one to ask them and see their reaction.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Holly will keep you company :wink:

the maoster:

:laughing: Sat beside a Stobby driver now, ■■■■ very poor second. :unamused:

robroy:

the maoster:

:laughing: Sat beside a Stobby driver now, [zb] very poor second. :unamused:

Good point, well made.

A close friend of mine (not gay close but seen each others todgers close, if you know what I mean) has a great method to get back in the truck.

All you have to do is ask goods in for truck keys as you need to take some ‘medication’.
This medication is of course in the fridge, said medication has to be applied to a personal area, due to the nature of this medication it requires a confined space with the curtains shut and their maybe screams as it stings a tad.

Hopefully you won’t have to go into that much detail and just go back to your cab, 9 times out of 10 they won’t bother to stop the unloading and you can just stay in your cab till the green light as medication of this type takes a long time to apply.

On the odd occasion some clever tnuc will call your bluff and wish to watch you apply the meds, in which case I Ehhh I mean my mate dropped his draws and proceeded to apply Savlon to his ring piece, the bloke left me to it at the exact point my finger was entering the gravitational pull of my brown death star. To cut a long story short I was committed and curious by then so couldn’t pull out, apart from a slight intitial sting it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve done to myself.

A salutary lesson right there ^^^^ as to why we should keep our fingernails trimmed my friends.

Franglais:
Dont the Chinese have a saying? "The bad times are sent to judge the good times by". The next farm yard will seem a little less muddy, the lanes will be slightly wider, and the rain wont seem quite as wet next week!
:smiley:

:laughing:

the maoster:
A salutary lesson right there ^^^^ as to why we should keep our fingernails trimmed my friends.

Or in extreme cases your wristwatch off. :smiley:

What’s with all the cloak and dagger stuff of how to get back in the cab.
The easiest way is to don’t lock the cab, hand your paperwork and keys into goods in and then just wander back to the unlocked cab and get in and have an hour. It’s that simple.
There’s no need to lie to goods in to get your keys back. Just do it the easy way.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

robroy:
I’ve been here 1 and half hours and counting, trying to keep a low profile sat in a corner, trying to look unfriendly, and make my body language say to others… ‘’ [zb] off, Don’t talk to me, I don’t want to hear your made up bs’’ :smiley: …although I can still hear some of it. :unamused:

try doing 3/4 hours listening to crap . Im pretty tolerant for first hour which is fair enough to tip 26 simple pallets , but after that then i start loosing it with them , been banned from the worst ones but need to be careful now lol . Now amazon are building 10ft cages to keep you going back to the cab , jeez! .

Why did you not take a 45 on the bay then just crack on home again then your not wasting time on the way back.

robroy:
Got coerced into a run up to a supermarket RDC Glasgow this morning when I got back to yard…I was caught at a weak moment on the phone yesterday. :unamused:
Got there and I looked forward to an hour’s kip on the bunk on the bay, …but no you guessed it, I’m sat on a [zb] plastic chair watching some crap on telly instead. :smiling_imp:
I tried to reason with the guy on the counter being very friendly, and said ‘‘Any chance of handing keys in and going for a kip mate’’ offered to drop airline, drop legs or even drop trailer, (or any other [zb] way he could stop me from moving off)…but no, not a [zb] chance.

I’ve been here 1 and half hours and counting, trying to keep a low profile sat in a corner, trying to look unfriendly, and make my body language say to others… ‘’ [zb] off, Don’t talk to me, I don’t want to hear your made up bs’’ :smiley: …although I can still hear some of it. :unamused:

I don’t usually do this type of crap work, (thank Christ) and I know some of you lads will be used to it, and take all that crap for granted, but I mean ffs,.I had zero intention of moving off the bay, so what IS the problem.
(I know the answer btw, knob heads in the past who have pulled off, but Jeez. :unamused: )

So I still need to take a 45 now later on, instead of just [zb] ing off home. :unamused: :imp:
[zb] RDCs you can keep them. :smiling_imp:

Why do you still need to take a 45? Surely your tacho is on break while you sit around doing no work?

Yeh■■?. No ■■■■? :smiley:

Ok, I don’t get paid for breaks, so if I had ‘‘just cracked on home’’ I would have had 45 mins taken off the time I had worked.

I just do this job for one reason boys, and I’m an arsey (and greedy) ■■■■■ to boot…hope that clarifies. :bulb: :smiley:

robroy:
Yeh■■?. No [zb]? :smiley:

Ok, I don’t get paid for breaks, so if I had ‘‘just cracked on home’’ I would have had 45 mins taken off the time I had worked.

I just do this job for one reason boys, and I’m an arsey (and greedy) ■■■■■ to boot…hope that clarifies. :bulb: :smiley:

But you’re going to be stopped 45 mins regardless?

So if you take it on the bay, you’re going to get stopped it…or if you take it on the way home you’re going to get stopped it…but on the bay you’d be home 45 mins (at least) earlier…?

Sounds like he wanted the extra coin and did not want to get home in the good weather.

Dipper_Dave:
A close friend of mine (not gay close but seen each others todgers close, if you know what I mean) has a great method to get back in the truck.

All you have to do is ask goods in for truck keys as you need to take some ‘medication’.
This medication is of course in the fridge, said medication has to be applied to a personal area, due to the nature of this medication it requires a confined space with the curtains shut and their maybe screams as it stings a tad.

Hopefully you won’t have to go into that much detail and just go back to your cab, 9 times out of 10 they won’t bother to stop the unloading and you can just stay in your cab till the green light as medication of this type takes a long time to apply.

On the odd occasion some clever tnuc will call your bluff and wish to watch you apply the meds, in which case I Ehhh I mean my mate dropped his draws and proceeded to apply Savlon to his ring piece, the bloke left me to it at the exact point my finger was entering the gravitational pull of my brown death star. To cut a long story short I was committed and curious by then so couldn’t pull out, apart from a slight intitial sting it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve done to myself.

:laughing: :laughing: cant ■■■■■■■ breath :laughing: :laughing:

Ok, so I’ll try and explain again. :unamused:
Let’s say for easiness the job took 5 hours including sat in that crap hole (say what you like that time is work time, so I want paid for it)
So I book 3 quarters of that time as a ‘break’ I get paid 4 and a quarter hours… losing 45 mins pay.!!

I take my 45 on way home I get paid the full 5 :sunglasses: . :bulb:

They let me away with Jack ■■■■, that is how they are, so I reciprocate…ie reap what you sow. :bulb:

Arsey? Petty? Awkward? …yeh maybe all 3, but as I said I work only for the money not to pose about in a big truck/big trucker stylee.
Does that clarify ?

Pulling teeth or what. :wink: :laughing:
Sorry guys…bad day. :blush:

My mobs just scored some major blue chip custom involving prolonged torture sessions in dreaded rdc waiting rooms that may have me having to jump ship,pronto.5 years on straightforwards box jockeying appears to be over and the new era of gestapo grade discomfort dawns.Aside from the obvious fact that depriving a driver of proper rest,which in my book constitutes an hour in horizontal mode,is tantamount to pure torture.I genuinely can’t see why a suzy disconnection can’t fulfill the requisite bs hs garbage.
Asked the tm to keep me clear of these places mainly due to spinal degradation issues that require a spell on the cab floor rather than in hideous,uncomfortable rdc chairs being ‘entertained’ by gruesomely boring property/antiques,brain rot from the idiot lantern on the wall.
Might be just the kick i need to get me back in euroland.