dd route

hi can anyone advise on route from hedge end to bristol (avonmouth), driving double decker please.

The obvious way M27/M3/A34/M4/M5 I suppose, I wouldn’t go Salisbury that’s for sure.

thanku

No, I’d hit the A34 and M4 for Avonmouth - even though there’s a high vehicle route out of Salisbury (via the A345 or possibly the A360), the road leads straight through Bath where the traffic is likely to be heavy. I’d only recommend that route for south and east Bristol.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

IndigoJo:
No, I’d hit the A34 and M4 for Avonmouth - even though there’s a high vehicle route out of Salisbury (via the A345 or possibly the A360), the road leads straight through Bath where the traffic is likely to be heavy. I’d only recommend that route for south and east Bristol.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The road from Warminster to bath is not a good one even in a 6 wheeler to twisty and up hill down dale
A34 M4 M5 A’s said twice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don’t you just ask for an unrestricted height route ? Every motorway bridge has to be over 16’6" as are most main roads, anything under that must be marked. I pulled double deckers on Tesco and most were only 14’6" high, I don’t see why you are asking ?

Pat Hasler:
Why don’t you just ask for an unrestricted height route ? Every motorway bridge has to be over 16’6" as are most main roads, anything under that must be marked. I pulled double deckers on Tesco and most were only 14’6" high, I don’t see why you are asking ?

maybe because he doesn’t want to be the cause of a thread entitled “Another bridge hit by a ■■■■ that didn’t ask the best way to go with a DD”