Some people need to chill out

The last ten weeks I have been on a very cushy 7.5t job. For reasons not worth explaining I am on more than I have ever earned on Class1 stuff. It won’t last much longer so enjoying it while I can.

My issue is when I come up to over take other artics ( which have been going slower) as you draw near level to the cab, they (some) speed up. I really don’t understand the mentality. It’s obvious it’s intentional. I don’t rise to the bait and disappoint by lifting and tucking in and await the next hill.
Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

If your on a cushy van job just enjoy it. Some people are rushing about because its what they do.

P Stoff:
My issue is when I come up to over take other artics ( which have been going slower) as you draw near level to the cab, they (some) speed up. I really don’t understand the mentality. It’s obvious it’s intentional. I don’t rise to the bait and disappoint by lifting and tucking in and await the next hill.

Do you mean you catch up going up the hill but they are faster going down the hill and on the flat, maybe you should chill out if you don’t think you will get past them before the top of the hill stay behind :wink:

More likely to be turbulance and the difference in power and momentum

I knew it would turn into I’m the chump post. Glad I wasn’t disappointed.

Ok I will clarify with an example from today.

Coming up the A1 just after the end of the new A14 /A1 upgrades. In the distance there is an artic. I have the cruise on at 56mph. Before the Sawtry turning I catch up with him and move over to overtake. As I draw level he matches my speed, which has been still on cruise. After about a mile I give up and drop back. Not interested in silly games.

P Stoff:
I knew it would turn into I’m the chump post. Glad I wasn’t disappointed.

Ok I will clarify with an example from today.

Coming up the A1 just after the end of the new A14 /A1 upgrades. In the distance there is an artic. I have the cruise on at 56mph. Before the Sawtry turning I catch up with him and move over to overtake. As I draw level he matches my speed, which has been still on cruise. After about a mile I give up and drop back. Not interested in silly games.

It doesn’t bother you and you aren’t interested in silly games but you start a whole new thread on trucknet to moan about it?
I get the feeling it’s ■■■■■■■ you off more than you’re letting on.
Don’t get me wrong, it ■■■■■■ me off too. I’ll admit it right here. I go to overtake, he speeds up and I look like a chump having to move back in as he moves past. I hate that and I hope the “drivers” next ■■■■ is a hairbrush
If it annoys you too, just admit it and don’t post online but try to pretend you don’t care so you don’t look like a moaner

P Stoff:
The last ten weeks I have been on a very cushy 7.5t job. For reasons not worth explaining I am on more than I have ever earned on Class1 stuff. It won’t last much longer so enjoying it while I can.

Original post for the late arrivals to the topic :laughing: :laughing:

Tiresome

I sit on the cruise, it goes uphill and down dale, if an-other is lighter going up crack on, but don’t expect me to slow when you run out of either speed or grunt, I will let you out if I’m going uphill and you are gaining on somebody Infront, but if you haven’t got the speed/grunt to finish the overtake uphill, I will give you a toot…

Basically can you accomplish what you set out to do.

I’m with the op on this. It really boils my ■■■■ when you overtake a slower wagon and the ■■■■ then decides to accelerate and leave you hanging.
I’m not talking about the hill scenario but on a long flat straight.
I have seen this more and more in the last few years.
In fact I had it today on the A1 however my limiter is set at 58 but I set the cruise at 55. The look on the mongs face was priceless when I used the extra 3 mph and made him eat my dust

P Stoff:
Deemed not worthy,. Move along.

:laughing: ,I thought my coment was true enough .

msgyorkie:
my limiter is set at 58 but I set the cruise at 55. The look on the mongs face was priceless when I used the extra 3 mph and made him eat my dust

Is the correct answer

msgyorkie:
my limiter is set at 58

oooh-im-telling.jpg

mrginge:
Do you mean you catch up going up the hill but they are faster going down the hill and on the flat, maybe you should chill out if you don’t think you will get past them before the top of the hill stay behind :wink:

I drive a liquid tanker over here in the US of A, the tank is 45 feet long with no baffles, as I driver up and down the hills on Route 22A in Vermont I often get tossers moaning at me on the CB “Why are you doing 55 to 65 mph down hills and leaving us behind then crawling up hills and slowing down to 45 mph ?”
“Duh, are you people completely stupid ? It weighs 40 tons, it goes down hill faster than it does up them”
What non tanker drivers do not realise is that when I am going up hill the weight goes to the rear and takes it off the drive tyres, going down hills the weight moves to the drives.

Hi Pat (and the other experienced tanker drivers on here)

Never driven tankers so sorry if this is a daft question

Don’t you have baffles to stop that happening or have I completely misunderstood what they are for? I assumed it was for cornering as well but happy if you (more knowledgeable lot) tell me where I am wrong

good_friend:

Don’t you have baffles to stop that happening or have I completely misunderstood what they are for? I assumed it was for cornering as well but happy if you (more knowledgeable lot) tell me where I am wrong

He’s said his tank doesn’t have baffles

I have never driven tankers either - but I believe they won’t have baffles if they are used for milk etc as they would churn the cream into butter. Just a random factoid I read somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

P Stoff:

I for one agree with you mate, it’s an affront to their masculinity being overtaken with some of these d/heads, they should grow tf up, and realise they’re supposed to be professional drivers not boy ■■■■ racers.
Btw…Why have you removed your o/p■■? :open_mouth:

good_friend:

A lot food grade liquid tankers don’t have baffles, I believe it’s got a lot to do with hygiene, that said Tate & Lyle used to have a few with half baffled, bit pointless but there you go.

when i was on iso tanks ( food grade ) they behaved exactly as Pat said…so as i was trundling up a massive hill on the A37 from A303 ( i think ) i lost traction as the Juice flowed to the back of the tank…the police were called cos i was blocking the road…there was also a right hand bend 3/4 of the way up too…so had to reverse all the way down…then have a good non stop run back up it…whilst the police held the traffic up…those tanks with no baffles were a nightmare at times…even worse if you had to brake sharply…something i never had to do …luckily.