Some people need to chill out

P Stoff:
Thank God. I thought I was the only one left. The merging thing is another pet hate of mine.

I suppose like most things nowadays manners and common courtesy are lacking. The last firm I was with we had a team of 12 drivers men and women. Average age prob about 40. We all worked together and helped each other out. Job was enjoyable. Got taken over by big company average age about 30 and every man for himself.

Modern times

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Some on here have never known this, but there was once an unwritten code and type of mutual understanding among drivers.
You could virtually guarantee that another trucker would let you in, let you out at junctions, flash you in after overtake, flash you out to allow you to overtake.
Never leave you hanging after letting them in lane 1, never cut in on you, and be generally courteous towards each other with empathy.

I aint got my rosy specs on here either, it did happen 98% of the time EVERY day…fact, and it was not THAT long ago either.

Then the goalposts were moved where being a complete brainless, clueless, discourteous, prick no longer ‘disqualified’ you from being a Class 1 holder, so we now have to endure the car drivers with truck licences …instead of pro truck drivers.

These ■■■■ s went on to increase and have gradually and virtually shagged the whole situation up for the remaining pro drivers.

If you think I’m talking through my arse, then just read some of the comments and attitudes on this forum to see what I’m droning and rambling on about. :smiley: :bulb:

Here endeth The Trucking social history lesson. :laughing: