Today's gem of wisdom

Hi guys,as some of you may remember I have mentioned in the past that one of our drivers is a CPC holder and is therefore a fountain of knowledge.
His latest gem today is that certain haulage companies in England have had their limiters reset to 60mph for a trial period.
Is there any truth in this or do I file it with his other points.
Duncan

He’s full of poop. The end.

He’s like these stupid car drivers that dawdle along at 49mph on motorways claiming the trucks are all passing them at 70+ mph [emoji57]

Thanks guys,I’ll file it alongside his previous gems of,it is illegal to use a car satnav in a truck and all trucks must have a fire extinguisher fitted.
Thanks Duncan

If he is correct then the Paddy wagons will have to slow down when chasing the ferries. Buses have to be fitted with a fire extinquisher and first aid box, but not lorries.

As far as I can tell that requirement applies to minibuses, “express carriages”, “contract carriages”, but not regular stopping buses

If any bus I’ve ever driven has had a first aid kit on board, I have no clue where it was :smiley:

He may be right…but its only on a downhill stretch.in neutral too… :smiley: :smiley:

Unless he did his CPC very recently and unless they sudenly have decided to include something like that he is talking nonsence.

Extinguishers and First aid kit is a requirement for ADR vehicles .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I set millions of limiters and have never heard that one …I set at 90k max

If the truck has a tacho unit then it will be set to 90 unless the company in question want to ■■■■■■■ it even further.

Radar19:
If the truck has a tacho unit then it will be set to 90 unless the company in question want to ■■■■■■■ it even further.

Correct ,though the speed is set through the engine ecu

Radar19:

MANs come set at 85 unless you specifically tell the dealer you want them higher.