Road Works

Well last night went well.
Running 3hrs late due to truck an trailer faults and then they’ve ( highways) decide to close the m6 south 15 to 13 when it should have been only 15 to 14 and even then it’s supposed to be north and south.

So I’ve now given up to planning alternatives and I’m just going head long into what ever.

How the hell are we meant to plan a route even an alternative route to get the job done :unamused:
And why the hell they need to shut 3 out of 4 lanes god knows.

Little rant over .

Yup, know what you mean, was coming back from Stanley green last night,road workers are doing my head in! Ended up going across A50 to M1. Good ol health and safety at its best.

My mum goes playing bingo on a Tuesday night i think. Anyway she has go around the roadworks on the m60. She moans sometimes motorways open sometimes it shut. One Tuesday she rang the phone number on the yellow boards. said I go to irlam will motorway be open or closed tonight there response was be fine no planed closures this week she sets of and surprise surprise motorway is shut overnight

Drove eastbound on M62 the other night, westbound was closed for 3 junctions for roadworks as they’ve done every night for 2 months. However, the 7 miles I drove there wasn’t a sole in the roadworks working, no vans or highways, no manholes open or barriers missing. I’m sure they do it to justify their jobs.

On another rant…A17 last night, they’re working on 1 westbound lay-by… So why on earth would you close the 9 westbound and 10 eastbound lay-bys as well? At least close them 1 by 1.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Nothing new, been like that for most of the last decade ever since they started doing smart motorway upgrades everywhere.

I did the diversion the night before , think it was 15 mins longer , surely that doesn’t make much difference over a shift , if so you need to look for another job

dozy:
I did the diversion the night before , think it was 15 mins longer , surely that doesn’t make much difference over a shift , if so you need to look for another job

Unless you hit the diversion in the first 30 minutes of closing (and often 30 minutes BEFORE they close it with the lanes closing down), then it takes 30 minutes just to get on the diversion, with all the lovely car drivers burning up the outside lane right to the cones and pushing in. The M60 M62 closures take the ■■■■.

It’s when they have closures on both main routes to an area and the diversions have traffic light controlled roadworks in them .
M3/M27 /A3 + A3M all had closures on the same night .
I tried to do a night run from Crewe to Dover the closures that night were M6 M5 M42 M1 M40 M11 M25 M26 M2 A14 thats every motorway type , did an extra 76 miles and only just did it in a 9 , usually do it in 7 including breaks .
I genuinely think those that controll these things have no clue how much traffic uses the roads through the night .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk