DPD Hinckley

Hi all. I’ve done a search on here but can’t find anything recent regarding what I want to ask.

Does anyone here work from the Hinckley Depot and if so could you message me please so I can ask you some questions regarding

Hours you’ll do per week? (Heard it’s all 8h shifts)
Wages?
Overtime rate (if any)
Holiday pay?
Sick pay?
Health care?
What they like to work for?
How are you treated by office staff?

I’m about 25 mins away from the depot with my current employer being 1.6 miles away. Looking to change due to certain issues I cannot list here or I’ll be called in office lol.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
Hi all. I’ve done a search on here but can’t find anything recent regarding what I want to ask.

Does anyone here work from the Hinckley Depot and if so could you message me please so I can ask you some questions regarding

Wages?
Overtime rate (if any)
Holiday pay?
Sick pay?
Health care?

I’m about 25 mins away from the depot with my current employer being 1.6 miles away. Looking to change due to certain issues I cannot list here or I’ll be called in office lol.

Thanks in advance

applied last year,
wages approx £11.86 p/h, OT after 40 hours x 1.5
sat x 1.5 sun bank hols 2 x i think
variable rotas to spread OT (if any)
OT depends on volume and times of year
hours break deducted, runs are planned so you may be at customers collection 2 or 3 hours and have break there. Or at depots. No unauthorised stopping on route.

Holiday pay at time was 40 hours, sick pay (80%) after 2 years…

for more details apply
careers.dpd.co.uk/vacancies/186 … n-day.html

Micro managed to death
No stopping for bog

andy187:

JaxDemon:

Wages?
Overtime rate (if any)
Holiday pay?
Sick pay?
Health care?

Thanks in advance

applied last year,
wages approx £11.86 p/h, OT after 40 hours x 1.5
sat x 1.5 sun bank hols 2 x i think
variable rotas to spread OT (if any)
OT depends on volume and times of year
hours break deducted, runs are planned so you may be at customers collection 2 or 3 hours and have break there. Or at depots. No unauthorised stopping on route.

Holiday pay at time was 40 hours, sick pay (80%) after 2 years…

for more details apply
careers.dpd.co.uk/vacancies/186 … n-day.html

Thanks for reply. Did you get a job there??

Beetlejuice:
Micro managed to death
No stopping for bog

So if ya need a tinkle and ya got 60 miles to go it’s tough ■■■■ then lol.

JaxDemon:

Beetlejuice:
Micro managed to death
No stopping for bog

So if ya need a tinkle and ya got 60 miles to go it’s tough [zb] then lol.

didn’t get job as had some problems at home.
stopping for a minute or 2 may be ok, or empty.
but trucks are tracked, fleetboard is monitored 100%. if need to stop use in cab phone ask for stop authorisation.

You have to break the law while driving to call in and ask them if you can go to the bog .If you made that call then crashed it would be you in jail not them tw@ts …
No joke .micromanaged to death and always looking for drivers .But try it ?
Good luck

andy187:

JaxDemon:

Beetlejuice:
Micro managed to death
No stopping for bog

didn’t get job as had some problems at home.
stopping for a minute or 2 may be ok, or empty.
but trucks are tracked, fleetboard is monitored 100%. if need to stop use in cab phone ask for stop authorisation.

Ah fair enough.

Beetlejuice:
You have to break the law while driving to call in and ask them if you can go to the bog .If you made that call then crashed it would be you in jail not them tw@ts …
No joke .micromanaged to death and always looking for drivers .But try it ?
Good luck

It’s gotta pay more than what I’m on now to even consider it tbh and my current place is down the road where as DPD is 20+ mins away.

I did hear they are always after drivers.

They are always after drivers because many of the jobs are a bare 40 hours. You can stop for a pee, then, you are free to call them to let them know what you are doing. They will not give you a hard time but if you make a habit of it this will cause them to ask questions, quite rightly in my opinion. If you suffer from a medical condition requiring frequent breaks en route you should advise them of this at interview stage. There’s lots of little perks attached to the job.

TiredAndEmotional:
They are always after drivers because many of the jobs are a bare 40 hours. You can stop for a pee, then, you are free to call them to let them know what you are doing. They will not give you a hard time but if you make a habit of it this will cause them to ask questions, quite rightly in my opinion. If you suffer from a medical condition requiring frequent breaks en route you should advise them of this at interview stage. There’s lots of little perks attached to the job.

40h is no good unless the wage is far better than what I’m on now. Be such a shame if that’s the case.

Thanks.

Most of the parcel/ Postal work is around 40 hours bud.

Beetlejuice:
Most of the parcel/ Postal work is around 40 hours bud.

Yeah Royal mail is only 37.5h contract aint it but they pay very well. I do around 55-60h now I can’t really afford to take a drop in hours in all honesty unless I’ll be earning more than I am now.

I’ve done trunking for parcels firms and they all say no stopping on route but I’ve known drivers to stop for a coffee or a ■■■■ or even to pick up some milk to save them going to the shop later.
You’re giving certain times you need to be at the depots if you can keep to schedule which is not hard then you will have no problems.
It’s the boredom that is the hardest thing to deal with and the road closures at night which can sometimes set you back at bit. It can be common do drive 4hrs + take 45 and drive 4hrs+ back. For me I don’t like to drive more then 2 hours in one go.

Hermes don’t stop and also micro manage. Lasted 4 hrs and walked out :laughing:

adam277:
I’ve done trunking for parcels firms and they all say no stopping on route but I’ve known drivers to stop for a coffee or a ■■■■ or even to pick up some milk to save them going to the shop later.
You’re giving certain times you need to be at the depots if you can keep to schedule which is not hard then you will have no problems.
It’s the boredom that is the hardest thing to deal with and the road closures at night which can sometimes set you back at bit. It can be common do drive 4hrs + take 45 and drive 4hrs+ back. For me I don’t like to drive more then 2 hours in one go.

I’m working nights now and road closures annoy the hell outta me lol.

Where I am now I drive around 2.5h max until I’m where I need to be. Last time I drove 4h+ Was in the car this weekend just gone. I’d have to stop on a 4h drive I’d need a ■■■■ and a drink so if it’s the case where I can’t stop I doubt I’d take it.

I don’t mind waiting about as I usually just go sleep on bunk.

Gotta weigh up pros and cons because it’s a further commute but wages are better but only if I get the hours in. I’d work weekends so hopefully the hours are there.

SuperMultiBlue:
Hermes don’t stop and also micro manage. Lasted 4 hrs and walked out [emoji38]

Low tolerance to taking ■■■■ then lol

JaxDemon:

SuperMultiBlue:
Hermes don’t stop and also micro manage. Lasted 4 hrs and walked out [emoji38]

Low tolerance to taking [zb] then lol

Still paid me as well muppets. Begged me back next day. Swerrrrrrve

JaxDemon:

Beetlejuice:
Micro managed to death
No stopping for bog

Most of the big players don’t allow you stop that’s why it’s always handy to carry a empty 2 ltr bottle with you lol

SouthEastCashew:
Most of the big players don’t allow you stop that’s why it’s always handy to carry a empty 2 ltr bottle with you lol

I couldn’t work for a company that does this to such an extreme level

Don’t care how much they pay.

In this day and age shouldn’t have to be told when you can pee!

Might whine about place I’m at but as long as I get job done and not take forever getting to drops then I get quite a bit of leeway to stop for a coffee etc. That suits me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk