Surviving Cancer

I would just like to say thankyou to the surgeons, medical teams and nurses at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for the care and support during the worst time of my life.
Been for another check up today and I’m now currently at 940 days cancer free.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

lizard:
I would just like to say thankyou to the surgeons, medical teams and nurses at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for the care and support during the worst time of my life.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Now that is something worth celebrating! Looking forward to hearing you say the same in another 940 days.

albion:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Now that is something worth celebrating! Looking forward to hearing you say the same in another 940 days.

Thankyou albion. It is most definitely worth celebrating, the only problem is, I’ll have to do it with the finest cup of PG as it’s not advisable for me to drink alcohol as per the surgeons orders.
Looking forward to saying the same in another 940 days.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Nice to hear some positive news. :smiley:
I’ll raise my next bottle of beer in a toast to you and all those who’ve helped you beat this awful thing. :smiley:

muckles:
Nice to hear some positive news. :smiley:
I’ll raise my next bottle of beer in a toast to you and all those who’ve helped you beat this awful thing. :smiley:

Thanks Muckles. Enjoy the beer and I’ll raise my cuppa in spirit. [emoji4]

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

well done lizard, keep fighting and good luck, teas not so bad.

Well done fella

hotel magnum:
well done lizard, keep fighting and good luck, teas not so bad.

Thankyiu. I love a good brew and it’s good as it doesn’t give you a hangover lol

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

commonrail:
Well done fella

Thanks very much. Couldn’t of done it without the hospital and it’s staff.
They are the real heroes.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

My old man been clear for 25 years.
Thanks to nhs

commonrail:
My old man been clear for 25 years.
Thanks to nhs

NHS [emoji14][emoji603]
Many Thanks

Tea is better than Dead [emoji88]

Good man Lizard.I`m sure everyone on here has been touched with this terrible illness,whether directly or indirectly.
My own mother at 42 years of age,died 48 years ago leaving a man with 9 kids to bring up.
Now a sister just after finishing chaemo and radiation.
Many close friends.
Be grateful for every day that your God blesses you with.
In my opinion the cancer care doctors, nurses,and dare I say even consultants are absolute angels.
Stay safe.

Brilliant Lizard , light at the end of the tunnel . I’m halfway through the radiotherapy treatment after having a lung removed . It cheers me up to read a success story and gives me hope for the future . Dave

All the very best pal

Thanks to you all for your messages.
There is always hope at the end of the tunnel, as long as you don’t give in and let the disease get the better of you.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

hi lizard, glad to see you’re keeping the nasty bugger at bay. best wishes for the future.

Nice one,lizard.Keep plugging away.It’s 11 years free for me.I don’t have a prostate any more and I can cope with a tricky bladder instead.

brilliant , really pleased for you :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Lizard, good news, hope you can post again in another 940 days.
Lost a son to cancer 12 years ago and a sister just over a year ago. Went to the doc in February because I was suffering with heartburn. Had MRI scan, some consultations and an ultrasound. Few weeks later driving my truck up the 303 to London gets a phone call from my doctor. She says “are you driving?” me “Yes”, she says “Can you park somewhere soon”? Like a fool I said “It’s OK I’m on Bluetooth, we can talk” When she told me they had found a 15cm tumour attached to one of my kidneys I found a layby pretty quick.
Calmed myself down, phoned the Mrs and spent the rest of the week worrying.
Outcome was that on 12 April the surgeon whipped out the kidney and tumour all in one piece. Was home after three days, now feeling fine and well, just got plumbing down the starboard side only. Next meeting with Consultant is 6th June so will find out the forecast then, and if all goes well I hope to be back at work the following Monday.
Got my Navy pension and OAP pension, just as well, as SSP after tax and works pension comes out at £43 a week. Company gave me the full allowance of company sick pay which was appreciated. Just bored being at home full time.

well done Lizard, can I ask which cancer you have beaten. Myself at present have stage 4 (terminal) prostrate cancer.