Ford trucks....

What is it with these ugly things? I’ve seen a few and they’re always EE registered so how come ford don’t sell them everywhere? What are they, rebodied ivecos but cheaper and nastier if that’s possible?
Transcontinentals they ain’t!!!

those who buy them don’t care what they look like, just the price and will they do the job.
I think they’re made in Turkey, who’ve continued to build Ford trucks for years, but not for the European market and have nothing to do with Iveco.
I suppose in theory if they meet eu regs, you could buy one anywhere, but really depends where the dealers are, I did look them up and it seems BAS truck in the Netherlands sell them. Seem to be no frills truck, complete with manual option’ might suit some on here who really don’t like modern trucks with all thier electronic gizmos.

They are indeed made in turkey, the key is the same as an old transit.

Theres a few uk registered ones, i had the pleasure of taking one on a jolly to spain and back a few years ago. Not my preferred choice of truck, but it made it there and back.

hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2 … ufacturing

First truck was a d series,then upgraded to a cargo.
Power steering and a pod.
Like a dog with 2 dicks

Me and a mate,Taking bits of machinery up to Aberdeen…which I think we’re destined for the oil rigs…or trawlers.
I was 17…he was 19…tachos optional

Great days :sunglasses:

commonrail:
First truck was a d series,then upgraded to a cargo.
Power steering and a pod.
Like a dog with 2 dicks

Mine was a Trader 75 - did 75 mph on the M1 when that was legal. Tiny mirrors, no power steering or power clutch and no bouncy seat either.

https://www.bastrucks.com/new-ford-trucks

Seem very cheap.

The UK reg ones are owned and operated by Ford Motor Company for their exhibition trailers, they replaced some old Ford Cargos that they’d kept on fleet for years. They used to be (and possibly still are) looked after by a small company in Boreham, Essex

I’m sure they would sell well here especially at that price so I wonder why they don’t officially sell them in the uk.
A quick look at the specs suggest they’re only up to euro5 so that could be the reason or simply they don’t wanna develop RHD if they haven’t already?

Have a look in today’s Commercial Motor - seems they are launching a new heavy range across Europe at the IAA Show in Hanover this autumn :smiley:

GCR2ERF:
Have a look in today’s Commercial Motor - seems they are launching a new heavy range across Europe at the IAA Show in Hanover this autumn :smiley:

I read that too. They’re reviving the original Ford Cargo cab (with a hi roof sleeper version available), but modernising the mechanicals, such as 2 pedal auto, euro 6, etc. Should be interesting.

Hope they’re a sight better than those bloody awful Turkish ERF’s that were about in the late 1990’s.

I started out with a Ford ‘D’ series in the mid 70’s, don’t complain about the advanced Fords around now, the worst Ford ever has to be the original Cargo, death traps.

GCR2ERF:

I seem to remember that Commercial Motor has tested an example of the Ford unit that is occasionally to be seen here with Turkish hauliers and the like.

Yes…made in Turkey…used to see many fords from that plant…as we used to deliver spares from Dagenham to Hydapassa…,just over the bosphorus bridge on the Asian side…dont look a bad truck tbh…if they made a bigger version, could be a winner…