MAN ride & drive

Anybody else done this?
2 of us have been invited to milbrook testing ground next month so the boss has said I can go. Hotel the night before included [emoji3]
Sounds fun.

Good on your gaffer Nomi.
Usually it’s only the suits who get the jollies.

Drive bit sounds good,not so keen on the man ride part

Going to be hard stopping myself telling them what I think of their auto box [emoji23]
Bit of off road driving is part of the day apparently.

nomiS36:
Going to be hard stopping myself telling them what I think of their auto box [emoji23]

Imagine doing a off road driving in a Actros [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

nomiS36:

Imagine doing a off road driving in a Actros [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’d rather drape my hairy man marbles whilst wet over an electric fence [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

blue estate:

nomiS36:

The m1 in an actros feels like off roading!!! [emoji23]

nomiS36:

blue estate:

nomiS36:

Try doing the A34 in one around oxford

blue estate:

nomiS36:

blue estate:

nomiS36:

Try doing the A34 in one around oxford

I feel your pain, done it many times. In fact I’ve come through there today but now in a MAN riding on air. Way better than my old actros!

I dumped the Actros 2 weeks ago now in a 14plt TGX so much smother and easier to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done the milbrook trials a couple of times with cars and trucks, a good day out, like all these type of things the food although good is pricey, the off road bit is good,

I did lots of time at Millbrook 40 odd years ago .
I had a couple of mates that worked there doing testing and evaluation work .
Easier times for elf n safety, I was often just ballast in the passenger seat .
Going round the high speed bowl in a Bedford TM was fun ! Not as good as some of the vans or experimental cars though .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:
Drive bit sounds good,not so keen on the man ride part

:laughing:

nomiS36:
Anybody else done this?
2 of us have been invited to milbrook testing ground next month so the boss has said I can go. Hotel the night before included [emoji3]
Sounds fun.

If it is like the event DAF do ,you will thoroughly enjoy it ,they will tape up the camera on your phone ,so no pics …Manufacturers are there testing new models…When you do the oval ,each lane has a speed limit ,if you drive at that speed and the manufacturer has the steering correct you can take you hands of the wheel and it should stay in that lane …The off road course is excellent …If you go on to you tube and find the DAF videos they have Millbrook videos on it ,A good insight ,The alpine road is a challenge …Enjoy it

Sounds fun if your getting paid for it. Def not something I’d do for just for the fun of it though.

adam277:
Sounds fun if your getting paid for it. Def not something I’d do for just for the fun of it though.

I’m salaried [emoji1303]

Look’s like I will be there as well, I have be given the job of taking down and collecting the hospitality trailer on the Friday :sunglasses: .

mrginge:
Look’s like I will be there as well, I have be given the job of taking down and collecting the hospitality trailer on the Friday :sunglasses: .

I’d come looking for you but don’t know what you look like! If we both put on a pretend limp we might recognise each other [emoji23]

nomiS36:

mrginge:

I’d come looking for you but don’t know what you look like! If we both put on a pretend limp we might recognise each other [emoji23]

Assume that a ginger man next to a trailer similar to this (Not 100% sure which trailer is going as we are busy supplying other shows/events) is me :laughing:

nomiS36:

You may be in for a pleasant surprise…the new ZF Traxon gearbox is standard on most of the new ones…with the 4x2 tractors getting a Scania box.

Have fun