One for Trucknet CSI Special branch!

Let’s see who can crack the case…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it’s obvious innit? Cyclist caused it and then cycled off.

Is that the crap roundabout on the A50 were people pick the wrong lane for going straight on and dont read the signs.

Halfor Bjornsson had been practicing the truck pull for the next event – when the car pulled up in front of him and he got so annoyed that he kicked it out of the road.

Am I close??

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Both lanes used for going round to the right.

Blue car gets a case of “must get in front of lorryitis” and mucks it up :smiling_imp:

Just speculation obviously.

Little blue car wants to play with big lorries so lays on his back to have his tummy tickled

Lorry in left lane going right car in right lane going straight on and thinking lorry is also going straight on so car quickly tries to cut in front of lorry and ends up kissing tarmac .

Stobarts caused it.
Either that or the cheap EE labour

The-Snowman:
Stobarts caused it.
Either that or the cheap EE labour

Or agency [emoji57]

And the Scania driver is like “Get out of the way you orange hi-viz’d ■■■ I’ve got deliveries to make! My boss promised me LED’s for the front if I was a good boy and made all my deliveries on time”

Rules of roundabouts were ( should be ) left lane for left and straight on only.Right lane for any exit past 12 o clock or for straight on in the case of a two or more lane exit.

Feel free to use left lane to turn right because every one else does and which also makes using the right lane a complete no go area to go straight on or for any other exit unless you like to crash a lot. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:
Rules of roundabouts were ( should be ) left lane for left and straight on only.Right lane for any exit past 12 o clock or for straight on in the case of a two or more lane exit.

Feel free to use left lane to turn right because every one else does and which also makes using the right lane a complete no go area to go straight on or for any other exit unless you like to crash a lot. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Not on the roundabout where the accident happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without knowing where it is it’s hard to say who was at fault, it looks like the car driver wanted to take the exit road and has pulled in front of the lorry driver who was not turning, but it could be that those broken white lines form a continuous lane off the roundabout which in most circumstances would put the lorry driver at fault.

This turning right in the left lane malarky is actually very dangerous. At J11a on the M1 southbound for Dunstable, all 3 lanes at the top of the slip road are signed for the A5055, which is a right turn. I used to use the left lane until a very near miss last year. The traffic to my right had a red light, and I had a green light. So off I went. But by the time I got round to the entry slip road for the M1s the traffic that had the red light had since got the green light. This Audi had obviously sped off from the lights, came round the roundabout, and caught me up. His middle lane was signed for the M1s. So I was in the left lane by the M1s entry slip and indicating right to go past the slip, and he was in the middle lane wanting to go down the slip (but not indicating). In other words, we were crossing each others’ path. Though I was indicating rignht he didn’t exercise any caution, and he must have assumed I was going down the M1s slip. The first I knew of it was when a white car roof flew past the bottom of my windscreen at speed forcing me to slam on. These days I always use at least the middle lane, if not the 3rd lane to go around that roundabout now.

Perhaps he should have been more aware of my indicators. Perhaps I should have anticipated him catching me up and doing what he did (it’s added to my learning curve). But regardless of that near miss, it got me thinking that so many of these road designs are very poorly designed. I’ve seen the same near miss happen to 2 other lorries on that same spot since then.

ezydriver:
This turning right in the left lane malarky is actually very dangerous. At J11a on the M1 southbound for Dunstable, all 3 lanes at the top of the slip road are signed for the A5055, which is a right turn. I used to use the left lane until a very near miss last year. The traffic to my right had a red light, and I had a green light. So off I went. But by the time I got round to the entry slip road for the M1s the traffic that had the red light had since got the green light. This Audi had obviously sped off from the lights, came round the roundabout, and caught me up. His middle lane was signed for the M1s. So I was in the left lane by the M1s entry slip and indicating right to go past the slip, and he was in the middle lane wanting to go down the slip (but not indicating). In other words, we were crossing each others’ path. Though I was indicating rignht he didn’t exercise any caution, and he must have assumed I was going down the M1s slip. The first I knew of it was when a white car roof flew past the bottom of my windscreen at speed forcing me to slam on. These days I always use at least the middle lane, if not the 3rd lane to go around that roundabout now.

Perhaps he should have been more aware of my indicators. Perhaps I should have anticipated him catching me up and doing what he did (it’s added to my learning curve). But regardless of that near miss, it got me thinking that so many of these road designs are very poorly designed. I’ve seen the same near miss happen to 2 other lorries on that same spot since then.

Nope you we’re not at fault , Audi driver enough said [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lorry swerves to miss the bloke in the white tee shirt and clouts the car.

Colin_scottish:
Is that the crap roundabout on the A50 were people pick the wrong lane for going straight on and dont read the signs.

Yes it is the Roundabout on the A50 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

DGW131:

Or possibly turning right in the correct right lane from A 50 onto A 521 and then get collected by someone using the left lane to turn right from A 50 to A 50 at the exit for the 521 while expecting the vehicle in the left lane to also be taking the 521 exit not going round to the A 50 especially if the vehicle on the left isn’t indicating right. :bulb:

Realistically if a roundabout uses left lane of a roundabout to turn right at any point then that wipes out the right lane for safe use unless anyone likes filling out insurance forms.

Carryfast:

DGW131:

Or possibly turning right in the correct right lane from A 50 onto A 521 and then get collected by someone using the left lane to turn right from A 50 to A 50 at the exit for the 521 while expecting the vehicle in the left lane to also be taking the 521 exit not going round to the A 50 especially if the vehicle on the left isn’t indicating right. :bulb:

Realistically if a roundabout uses left lane of a roundabout to turn right at any point then that wipes out the right lane for safe use unless anyone likes filling out insurance forms.

Maybe if people read the signs and look at the road markings its fine no hassel at all.

where is the yellow lorry