Walkers Crisps

just heard from one of their drivers, Stobarts have won a contract with said Company,delivering 75% of their products…in around 6 weeks time.
Walkers Crisps used to be THE top job in Leicester.

carryfast-yeti:
just heard from one of their drivers, Stobarts have won a contract with said Company,delivering 75% of their products…in around 6 weeks time.

Not anymore it is now a race to the bottom.

carryfast-yeti:

Stobart ready do some job from Walkers about 7 month but 75 percent.May be some 10-20load per day .And not just Stobart do collection from Walkers.

carryfast-yeti:

Walkers do delivery and return empty but Stobart do return load to someone.So who will do more profitable with less cost?

Maybe just collect the Tesco orders as I know they do that with other manufacturers who don’t use stobart as there haulier…
If they are taking it all then it’s more money to give to mr lefty lineker…
I don’t buy walkers products for that very reason

yorkshire terrier:
Maybe just collect the Tesco orders as I know they do that with other manufacturers who don’t use stobart as there haulier…
If they are taking it all then it’s more money to give to mr lefty lineker…
I don’t buy walkers products for that very reason

All or most delivery go to Sainsbury.

■■■■■■■ stupid, haven’t they also got britvic back ? , yet on a existing contract there miles behind , subbies being brought in , previous contract holder being brought in , I just can’t under stand the sense in it , make sure you cancope with existing contracts before you start taking on more work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I guess I’ll have another idiot on the phone this week on about Xtra shifts , help the company out :unamused: :unamused: then spouting some crap about your not a team player :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Andrejs:

carryfast-yeti:

Walkers do delivery and return empty but Stobart do return load to someone.So who will do more profitable with less cost?

stobarts tipped westbury Wiltshire yesterday and then run back to rugby empty , Crawley to rugby empty , Eastbourne to rugby empty , Cambridge to rugby empty etc etc this rubbish they spout about 50 miles max empty running is just that rubbish , stobarts tip then reload back , well maybe the other 1999 employees do but this one doesn’t by a long shot :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

walkers yard lincoln doddington rd …(now closed ) the only place ever where when i pointed out in a concerned and polite manor to a driver who had not put the unit air brake on while hitching up to prevent a runaway got told to “mind my own bussiness” and never asked back ( apparently the driver complained to the transport manager and the manager backed the driver ) …they had a few similar incidents around that time and it was a “hot topic”
possably more to it than im aware of and it was a long time ago though and their drivers came over as a bunch of arrogant gits as well

Notimetoulouse:
walkers yard lincoln doddington rd …(now closed ) the only place ever where when i pointed out in a concerned and polite manor to a driver who had not put the unit air brake on while hitching up to prevent a runaway got told to “mind my own bussiness” and never asked back ( apparently the driver complained to the transport manager and the manager backed the driver ) …they had a few similar incidents around that time and it was a “hot topic”
possably more to it than im aware of and it was a long time ago though and their drivers came over as a bunch of arrogant gits as well

I’ve done quite a few days limping at walkers, never had a problem, most of the core drivers are friendly and ask where you off too then tell you the best way in to the drop. Stobprats were doing storage for them at barton, maybe they be doing the haulage out of there. The agency keeps ringing me up to do some shifts for them out of walkers and they haven’t said anything about it.

elsa Lad:

Notimetoulouse:

I’ve done quite a few days limping at walkers, never had a problem, most of the core drivers are friendly and ask where you off too then tell you the best way in to the drop. Stobprats were doing storage for them at barton, maybe they be doing the haulage out of there. The agency keeps ringing me up to do some shifts for them out of walkers and they haven’t said anything about it.

im talking about the mid ninties and im presuming its all changed now
the depot im refering to is now an allied bakeries D.C.

dozy:
[zb] stupid, haven’t they also got britvic back ? , yet on a existing contract there miles behind , subbies being brought in , previous contract holder being brought in , I just can’t under stand the sense in it , make sure you cancope with existing contracts before you start taking on more work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I guess I’ll have another idiot on the phone this week on about Xtra shifts , help the company out :unamused: :unamused: then spouting some crap about your not a team player :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Well be a team player then, There is no I in TEAM. Selfish or what :smiley:

On a more serious note, this must explain why TLP phoned me this morning offering work, told them to ■■■■ right of don’t like stobarts!

Oh dear, another good own account job about to go to the dogs?

rob22888:
Oh dear, another good own account job about to go to the dogs?

The accountants got paid millions to save walkers money, and the first thing to go,when accountants start is transport,it’s the easiest cost saving of any big organisation, the tree is always pruned from the bottom, as only accounts can do,

Maybe outside contractors do it equally as good but less expensive.
If it’s a cushy job its costing too much,
lets face it Walkers make snacks Stobarts operate truck

SHYTOT:
Maybe outside contractors do it equally as good but less expensive.
If it’s a cushy job its costing too much,
lets face it Walkers make snacks Stobarts operate truck

When these outside contractors come in, regardless of how good a job they do it’s usually at the expense of good pay & conditions for drivers. Why is a driver on good pay & conditions always “costing too much”? We see the results of the race to the bottom on that front on the roads everyday with the poor driving standards.

They are going the way of many great jobs but they always regret it. Walkers used to be a really good job, I used to run with a couple of their drivers on nights when I started on Federal Express. I had an amazing job with Fed Ex on the Matchbox toys contract, we made huge amounts of money because unlike most of these contractors Fed Ex promised to pay wages that kept us from leaving, our jobs were ruined when Taylor Barnard undercut us and cut the rates in half and also the pay, which is why they also lost the contract, nobody would stay on the job and work for half the pay. Luckily I had contacts at Tesco and some fixing was done to get me in there, firstly I had to do a few months on agency, then strings were pulled to get me as a full time Tesco driver. Tesco have since switched to using contractors such as Stobarts and Wincanton but they soon regret it. When you have a workforce of totally dedicated employee’s such as Tesco had and you switch to a contractor that has drivers who do not have the same commitment the standard of work drops rapidly, it’s the same the world over. I work for a contractor that has the same scruples as Fed Ex had back then, they pay really good wages and conditions and treat drivers with respect, they have the same views that if you look after your drivers you get loyalty and good work in return. I have seen that Tesco are again starting to employ their own drivers again in some areas. This is a kick in the ■■■■ for Stobarts.

Pat Hasler:
if you look after your drivers you get loyalty and good work in return. I have seen that Tesco are again starting to employ their own drivers again in some areas. This is a kick in the ■■■■ for Stobarts.

In 2005 I knew a bloke who drove tanks for Air Products. He told me Tesco fuel tanker drivers were on £50k then. Does anybody know if this was true?

To be fair to Tesco they seem to be taking a lot of their stuff back in house.

toonsy:
To be fair to Tesco they seem to be taking a lot of their stuff back in house.

Now there’s a phrase you don’t hear to often!!