Flamstead /watling street truck stop

Wtf is going on with them?
They decide to replace /refurbish the toilets. Took them 18 months at a guess. And only 3 showers 3 cubicles 2 sinks. No urinals.
Unless it’s supposed to be unisex now?
But stoped there today 1st time for a while note stuck on door. For paying customers only will be locked at 7pm. Access then with ticket only.
What they playing at .
I imagine soon there be complaining about the about of tizerr bottles being left behind

Probably dont want the park filled up with those who park and dont pay for facilities…btw, they will finish the restrooms after brexit. :smiley:

Why would anyone expect to just rock up and use facilities for free?,It’s a business not a charity,use it or lose it.

bobbya:
Why would anyone expect to just rock up and use facilities for free?,It’s a business not a charity,use it or lose it.

Because the suckers that pay their extortionate prices subsidise those of us that won’t pay [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]and another one just in case people think I’m serious [emoji3]

nomiS36:

bobbya:

Because the suckers that pay their extortionate prices subsidise those of us that won’t pay [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]and another one just in case people think I’m serious [emoji3]

Well done.

bobbya:

Theoretical question.

If a driver uses Flamstead truck stop three times a week for breakfast, lunch or whatever, should he be refused use of the toilet if he rocks up when he isn’t planning a meal stop?

Harry Monk:

bobbya:

Theoretical question.

If a driver uses Flamstead truck stop three times a week for breakfast, lunch or whatever, should he be refused use of the toilet if he rocks up when he isn’t planning a meal stop?

Hopefully gone are the days when I’d have to go past there every day ,once a month is enough .

bobbya:

nomiS36:

bobbya:

Well done.

Thanks [emoji1360]

Harry Monk:

bobbya:

Theoretical question.

I reckon a driver who used it that often would be well known to the staff and probably get away with the odd non paying toilet stop.

muckles:

Harry Monk:

bobbya:

Theoretical question.

I reckon a driver who used it that often would be well known to the staff and probably get away with the odd non paying toilet stop.

Correct answer.

I filled up with fuel a few weeks ago,and was directed to the cafe when I asked to use the toilet.
Is it just the showers that are locked?

It’s a basic human right . Should be free doesn’t cost them anything to keep them open really.
But my point was more that after 7pm access by ticket only. So your paid to park overnight .say gets to 9ish you get caught short wana go you then have to try find your ticket then possible argue with the security guy guarding the toilet. Be to much hassle for some be quicker easier to do it in a bottle

Comparing Flamstead truck stop to an average German Autohof is like comparing a turd to a Knickerbocker Glory. :wink:

edd1974:
It’s a basic human right . Should be free doesn’t cost them anything to keep them open really.
But my point was more that after 7pm access by ticket only. So your paid to park overnight .say gets to 9ish you get caught short wana go you then have to try find your ticket then possible argue with the security guy guarding the toilet. Be to much hassle for some be quicker easier to do it in a bottle

You keep your toilet open for anybody to wander off the street to use it, because it’s thier basic human right? :open_mouth:

muckles:

edd1974:

You keep your toilet open for anybody to wander off the street to use it, because it’s thier basic human right? :open_mouth:

Well, it’s a truckstop. And if they don’t provide basic toilet facilities for truck drivers who arrive outside their trading hours, then they can’t really complain if they find dog’s eggs all over their parking area.

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Harry Monk:

muckles:

edd1974:

Well, it’s a truckstop. And if they don’t provide basic toilet facilities for truck drivers who arrive outside their trading hours, then they can’t really complain if they find dog’s eggs all over their parking area.

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

I stopped there on a Saturday night a few years ago and there was still somebody on site to take my money for parking, so regardless of what time you stop you can get the ticket, so I’d assume that would allow you access to the facilities, if I understand how this system now works.
I’m sure there are many other cafes where you can’t use the toilets after trading hours regardless of the fact you have paid to park or not, due to there being no staff on site and the toilets being inside the locked building, and a cafe that would leave its toilets open to all is likely to find the place vandalised and unusable within a short period of time, the real problem isn’t Flamsteads policy, but the chronic lack of decent facilities for truck drivers in the UK and even the general lack of public toilets for many other members of the public since councils have closed many of them.

Talking of toilets. Why does lymn have cameras and a huge tv screen on the way into the gents? Not sure what the point of it really

It used to be a…

Good reliable place north of London to stop for a brew or lunch then you could get on with going round London on the north and south circulars.

I stopped there last year for a 45 and had to wait 10 minutes for a space. 10 minutes that were taken up with some of the worst reversing I’ve seen in a long time. The majority of the slots were filled with foreign outfits. The queue for food was another 5 minutes, the wait for a sossije sarny (sic) was another 10 minutes. The food was disappointing, the price was disappointing, the staff who were more concerned with the content of their mobile phones were disappointing. The toilets were disappointing.

I was disappointed.

I will not go back.