Flamstead /watling street truck stop

Harry Monk:

muckles:

edd1974:
It’s a basic human right . Should be free doesn’t cost them anything to keep them open really.
But my point was more that after 7pm access by ticket only. So your paid to park overnight .say gets to 9ish you get caught short wana go you then have to try find your ticket then possible argue with the security guy guarding the toilet. Be to much hassle for some be quicker easier to do it in a bottle

You keep your toilet open for anybody to wander off the street to use it, because it’s thier basic human right? :open_mouth:

Well, it’s a truckstop. And if they don’t provide basic toilet facilities for truck drivers who arrive outside their trading hours, then they can’t really complain if they find dog’s eggs all over their parking area.

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

I stopped there on a Saturday night a few years ago and there was still somebody on site to take my money for parking, so regardless of what time you stop you can get the ticket, so I’d assume that would allow you access to the facilities, if I understand how this system now works.
I’m sure there are many other cafes where you can’t use the toilets after trading hours regardless of the fact you have paid to park or not, due to there being no staff on site and the toilets being inside the locked building, and a cafe that would leave its toilets open to all is likely to find the place vandalised and unusable within a short period of time, the real problem isn’t Flamsteads policy, but the chronic lack of decent facilities for truck drivers in the UK and even the general lack of public toilets for many other members of the public since councils have closed many of them.