Any for fizzy pop

image.jpeggreen and yellow scania now has fizzy pop running out the curtain :blush: ,Taunton junction again ,usual signs flashing ,I slow down gradually as lorry in front does ,black BMW and pug van stay behind me ,scania doesn’t notice even though it’s the same most days and Pow ! BMW broke me Vgb coupling :unamused:

Punchy Dan:
BMW broke me Vgb coupling :unamused:

VBG :wink:

Did anyone at the scene mention that your truck is a write off now due to its age and the cost of the replacement parts…

mrginge:

Punchy Dan:

Did anyone at the scene mention that your truck is a write off now due to its age and the cost of the replacement parts…

It’s the whiplash affecting my key board skills :open_mouth: ,my driver is picking up the coupling bits this after noon in Sheffield .

Cheeky zber

Almost certainly down to metal fatigue, given the age of the vehicle. Seems strange that they still allow obsolete vehicles like yours to be out and about on the nations highways. I’d get shot of it lad, they say the new Thorney crofts are the thing to have at the moment.

Old John:
Almost certainly down to metal fatigue, given the age of the vehicle. Seems strange that they still allow obsolete vehicles like yours to be out and about on the nations highways. I’d get shot of it lad, they say the new Thorney crofts are the thing to have at the moment.

You are out of touch old John

I heard that those Foden boys have a truck out now that you can shovel coal into :unamused:

The Sparkes driver should’ve known better that junction is always like that and he’s a local !!

Got stuck in that myself this morning they were just getting ready to drag the unit away ,as B.B. says local boy should really know better , but no ones perfect :open_mouth: tin hat on :smiley:

largebloke1969:
Got stuck in that myself this morning they were just getting ready to drag the unit away ,as B.B. says local boy should really know better , but no ones perfect :open_mouth: tin hat on :smiley:

My thoughts too ,iam from hazzard county int frozen north :laughing: and even I know it stops there ,as I did as Gregory’s in front did as the car n van behind did .

Toddy2:

Old John:

I heard that those Foden boys have a truck out now that you can shovel coal into :unamused:

It will all come round again ,full circle !

mrginge:

Punchy Dan:

‘My’18 plate has got a VBG coupling.

I once saw an o type Bedford in rush green motors with a funny contraption on the front corner of the body and strange pipework about 4 inch dia, I could not figure it out at the time, got home and looked for wood burners and it was a gas producer, by the next time I visited the council prompted clean up was in full swing and it and many others had gone, I am now looking at hydrogen as a fuel for the old Bedford just to see if it works and kits are available, the hard part is working out the correct size of the bubbler and carb conversion for a 28 hp engine,

nomiS36:

mrginge:

Punchy Dan:

‘My’18 plate has got a VBG coupling.

Yeah but I think Dan has to fabricate parts or find NOS parts at swap meets to repair his work horse. :sunglasses:

All in jest of course as the pictures he posts in the “Pics of your trucks” thread always show off the trucks versatility which is a must I would have thought for an owner driver.

I’m new to this draw bar stuff so had never even heard of VBG until I got one to use. I had to get the handbooks out to make sure that’s what ‘mine’ was before posting [emoji23]

New parts came ,I’ve mended it :unamused: ,if anyone finds a trailer between here n Northern Ireland tomorrow please take me number plate off :laughing: second thoughts I’ll do it now :blush:

All this 'ere modern jiggery pokery… what’s wrong with the old ring feeder. Ring feeder jokes gratefully accepted. :slight_smile:

Toddy2:

Old John:

Coal? Nay lad, it would frighten the horses. We’ve seen it all before. Never catch on I say.