Safety trainers

Looking for a pair to wear with shorts in summer.
Found these at Screwfix, …anybody had these?
Any good or not?
Cheers.

Can recommend V12, very comfortable and mine have lasted well.

amazon.co.uk/VITAL-Active-S … y+trainers

Shorts / trainers , bloody hell what cowboy mob do you drive for rob , and where do you go , most of the places I go won’t entertain safety shoes ( must be boots ) never mind trainers ( even safety ones) , and as for shorts , it has to be high viz trousers , not just trousers :exclamation:
As for screw fix , not has trainers obviously but got my last pair of boots from them and there spot on , comfy and there lasting , wheras previous company / Dunlop ones were wore out in no time at all , shorts , deary me :laughing: :laughing:

Iirc saftey foot ware was 0% vat ?

AJF3011:

Thanks for that mate, but they are very similar to what I use now, only problem is the white bit looks scruffy after a few weeks,.and hard to get back to looking half clean.
Looking for something all black or even blue or dark brown that someone can recommend .

B & Q have some black/grey ones.
diy.com/departments/tools-e … 638869.cat
Can`t recommend them personally, but being available in store you should get a get idea of their quality.

robroy:

AJF3011:

Thanks for that mate, but they are very similar to what I use now, only problem is the white bit looks scruffy after a few weeks,.and hard to get back to looking half clean.
Looking for something all black or even blue or dark brown that someone can recommend .

They do a few other styles and colours

amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss … V83JFR8N70

Sports Direct do safety footwear, Dunlop is their main brand and there is a large variety to choose from:-

sportsdirect.com/mens/mens- … tr-lp-2017

A few of our lads have bought them from Sports Direct.

Just remember some sites don’t allow safety trainers, so keep your boots in the side locker…

Punchy Dan:

Not trainers :imp: :imp: :imp:

Can highly recommend Englebert Strauss. They cost a bit more but they’re very very good quality and they have a really good range of styles.

engelbert-strauss.de/en/safety-shoes/

Work tough trainers , ive got these and 7months in and still ok
ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Worktou … 4F8WOSV6Qw

Got mine from Arco dark grey and black and very light and comfy.

pierrot 14:
Sports Direct do safety footwear, Dunlop is their main brand and there is a large variety to choose from:-

sportsdirect.com/mens/mens- … tr-lp-2017

This, got mine from Sports Direct, the Dunlop safety trainers are comfortable, no need to slowly wear them in, had mine about 7 months now and still in good condition.

Dickies do some good ones, next day delivery too.

Telt:
Can highly recommend Englebert Strauss. They cost a bit more but they’re very very good quality and they have a really good range of styles.

engelbert-strauss.de/en/safety-shoes/

£92 for the colourful trainers :open_mouth:

I`m going to get a pair though … look nice

got dickies…hard wearing, smart, and the colour is right, but carry boots in the side locker, for the numpties who dont know what a safety trainer is. :smiley:

robroy:
Looking for a pair to wear with shorts in summer.
Found these at Screwfix, …anybody had these?
Any good or not?
Cheers.

I’m in these atm, not bad comfort wise, needed a pair of trainers a bit quick as the sole fell of my ‘issued’ ones but ideally I’d have got the size 12 but they needed ordering…the white bits along the sole and at the back of the heal are reflective (for a while) and if yr like me (can’t be bothered to undo the laces after a couple of weeks), the sole liner covering doesn’t stay put very long but apart from that, they ain’t bad

Punchy Dan:

Only boots. Here it is, in government speak, fill your boots :laughing: :-

The zero rate for protective boots is a derogation from EU VAT rules which the UK is able to retain as it was in force on 1 January 1991.

The derogation is a “standstill” provision: there is no future possibility of expanding the scope of a zero rate, or introducing a new one.
Consequently as shoes were not included in the zero rate provision it is not possible for the UK to include them now as to do so would constitute an extension of the zero rate which would be contrary to EU law. There is also no provision in European law for the UK to introduce a reduced rate of VAT on protective shoes.

The VAT Directive (2006/112) contains the relevant European legislation and Article 110 allows the UK to maintain zero-rates that were in force on 1 January 1991. Annex III to the same directive lists those supplies on which Member States may apply a reduced rate. Prior to the introduction of VAT, protective boots for use by those in certain industries (such as coal miners and quarrymen) were exempt from purchase tax; shoes were not included in this exemption. In 1974, following the introduction of VAT, the UK zero-rated the supply of safety boots for industrial purposes, thus continuing the purchase tax exemption previously
applied.

Further information can be found in HMRC’s internal guidance manuals at
home.inrev.gov.uk/vprotequipmanual/
home.inrev.gov.uk/vprotequipmanual/ (Public locked-out !)
and in VAT Notice 701/23: protective equipment at
gov.uk/government/publications/ vat-notice-70123-protective-equipment/vat-notice-70123-protective-equipment
gov.uk/government/publicatio….

Thanks for the input and suggestions chaps, will get sorted tomorrow in town.