Working time directive

U can reduce your rest to 9 hours 3 times in a 2 week period.
It says at least 11 hours rest per day. So my question is if you put your card in anytime before the 11 hours have alasped does this count as a reduced rest?
For example.
I put my card in at 4am and take it out at 5.15pm
Then put my card in at 4am the next morning.
I have had 10.45 rest. Does it count as a reduced 9 hours?
Sorry if ive convused things but ive never got to the upper limits of WTD until now! :open_mouth:

Yes it does 10hr 59min still counts as reduced rest
P/s the 3 9 hour reduced rests is between 2 weekly rest periods not 2 weeks :wink: :wink:

Our place count it as reduced rest, when you put your card in and completed manual entry it reverts to other work. I’d assume that would show on a printout and therefore show as reduced rest, no matter how fast you switch it back to rest. I may be wrong though but my employer won’t allow it. Just put your card in at the 11th hour

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Aghh!! And a rest period is 45 hours off?

Leemario:
Aghh!! And a rest period is 45 hours off?

Or 24hrs if reduced :wink:

Leemario:
U can reduce your rest to 9 hours 3 times in a 2 week period.
It says at least 11 hours rest per day. So my question is if you put your card in anytime before the 11 hours have alasped does this count as a reduced rest?
For example.
I put my card in at 4am and take it out at 5.15pm
Then put my card in at 4am the next morning.
I have had 10.45 rest. Does it count as a reduced 9 hours?
Sorry if ive convused things but ive never got to the upper limits of WTD until now! :open_mouth:

This has nothing to do with the WTD daily rest is part of the drivers hours and tac Uhograph regulations.

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods not 3 a fortnight.

Any daily rest period of less than 11 hours is a reduced daily rest period.

Sent from my mobile.

Ok. So to make sure it’s sank into my grey matter.
U can do 3 reduced rests followed by a 24 off then 3 more reduced followed by a 45 hour rest? A 45 hour rest resets it.

Leemario:
Ok. So to make sure it’s sank into my grey matter.
U can do 3 reduced rests followed by a 24 off then 3 more reduced followed by a 45 hour rest? A 45 hour rest resets it.

Yes as long as you’ve got a reduced weekly rest period available.

Any weekly rest period, even a reduced weekly rest period, resets the 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

Sent from my mobile.

Without wishing to confuse things*:
A daily rest period must be completed within 24hrs of start of shift.
So, in your example you put card in at 4a.m. and take it out at 5-15p.m.
No matter when you put the card in the following day, this will be a reduced daily rest period. This is because there is only 10hrs 45mins remaining in the 24hr period that started at 4a.m.

*Honest.
If the O.P. doesn`t get it straight now, he could end up in a mess.

stuwozere1:
Our place count it as reduced rest, when you put your card in and completed manual entry it reverts to other work. I’d assume that would show on a printout and therefore show as reduced rest, no matter how fast you switch it back to rest. I may be wrong though but my employer won’t allow it. Just put your card in at the 11th hour

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

As soon as you put your card in your working and yes it will show on any printout.
We’ve had drivers get caught out like this.

The same as if your on Rest or Break if you do a print out it will show that print out time meaning your Working despite that your checking your rest / break by touching the tachograph your now for that fraction of time working .

Thanks for that guys. I’m a little clearer if nothing else

Leemario:

DVSA/Traffic plods will clear up anything you’re not sure of but their charges are a bit stiff…

TiredAndEmotional:

Leemario:

DVSA/Traffic plods will clear up anything you’re not sure of but their charges are a bit stiff…

:smiley:
But those expensive lessons do stay in the mind longer, maybe?