Operation Brock?

The UK’s answer to the upcoming carnage that is Brexit FFS

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

For those who haven’t heard, the balloons in charge think creating a contraflow version of Op Stack is a better idea than building a truck park.

Genius.

Yep sorry probably should have added a link but easier just to Google it.

superscaniaV8:
Yep sorry probably should have added a link but easier just to Google it.

The first thing I found on Google was something about a kid being run over in America.

I assumed you were on about the other one :laughing:

kentlive.news/news/kent-new … ck-1581829

“The new plans will be in place by early 2019 - although no start date for necessary road works has been announced.”
“Department for Transport (DoT) announced the application to build a £250 million park in Stanford, near Hythe, had been withdrawn - and the plans had been shelved.”
“Campaigners even worked with Stanford Parish Council to launch a judicial review against the plans in a bid to delay or even halt the park.”

Good to see that the forward planning departments of National and Local Government are all co-operating and working together as well as they always do.
:confused:

That right there…

Is a perfect example of the complete and utter contempt that distance drivers are treated with. The first thing government departments do when faced with a time old problem is to rename it. So instead of Operation Stack (which actually gives a clue as to what the operation is) we have Brock. For some reason unkown to me, badgers are the only thing I associate the name Brock.

I’ve never been caught up in operation Stack.

My first Eurotunnel journeys involved being shown to my seat and served an airline style hot meal. My last involved looking out for the slight possibility of a clandestine trying to get in the pallet box. Not worrying if trees or concrete have been placed in the darkness in front of me.

I can only assume that a butty van trundles along occaisionally and you have to take your chances when it comes to your daily ablutions. The whole idea is as makeshift as possible and closes the motorway for long periods of time and traps drivers in their cabs for the same long period of time. That’s not fair and now becuase the idea of an expensive truckstop has been kicked into touch the panicking government department decides to change things a bit to help the locals use the motorway to get to work or McDonalds. Drivers will still be marooned on the motorway for hours if not days eating their own food, the food from a butty van and dumping in the bushes if natures calls.

A perfect example of the contempt that this and previous politicians treat us with.

What ever cockamamy Brexit customs deal and border control we end up with, you Euro boys and girls are still gonna be stuck on a motorway for hours on end weeing into a bottle.

Words like shambles, fudge, stop-gap and clueless spring to mind. An utter disgrace to this and previous transport departments!

Oh wait we didn’t need to turn Kent into a massive truck park or need to apply operation stack before 1973.With the win win that there were probably proportionally more imports exports carried by UK reg trucks.That obviously doesn’t fit the remainer script. :unamused:

Call me a cynic, but maybe a deliberate hash is being made of this (and everything else) so that in time the government can throw their hands in the air and say “see! Brexit clearly isn’t working. We need to rejoin the European Union”. And half the public’s minds and hearts would have been won by the effect of deliberate chaos, everywhere, and back to Brussels we’d go.

Wonder of its got anyhting to do with all the recent M20 works to convert it into a smart motorway, one of the few motorways Im sure that doesnt actually need another lane!

ezydriver:
Call me a cynic, but maybe a deliberate hash is being made of this (and everything else) so that in time the government can throw their hands in the air and say “see! Brexit clearly isn’t working. We need to rejoin the European Union”. And half the public’s minds and hearts would have been won by the effect of deliberate chaos, everywhere, and back to Brussels we’d go.

And since when did a Government (of any persuation) need an excuse to make a hash of anything?
:smiley:
Politics and Government is about 99% fire fighting, running around in circles, and making excuses, and about 1% planned action.

Wasn’t there a report that the Uk government were paying the owners of Manston airport vast sums- millions- to reserve the airport as parking in readiness for the next unpleasantness ?

yourhavingalarf:
That right there…

Is a perfect example of the complete and utter contempt that distance drivers are treated with. The first thing government departments do when faced with a time old problem is to rename it. So instead of Operation Stack (which actually gives a clue as to what the operation is) we have Brock. For some reason unkown to me, badgers are the only thing I associate the name Brock.

What about Dave Brock? :wink:

Franglais:

ezydriver:

And since when did a Government (of any persuation) need an excuse to make a hash of anything?
:smiley:
Politics and Government is about 99% fire fighting, running around in circles, and making excuses, and about 1% planned action.

Is that 1% deciding whether to run in the circle clockwise or anti clockwise?

Harry…

I never knew that.

Operation Motorhead it is then.

the signs are already up directing trucks to manston.i assume thats for stack or any other name parking…dont think theres many facilities there though…unless the old terminal building is gonna be used…and big joes burger van. :smiley:

The signs for Manston have never been taken down from when it was put on standby .
There were mobile floodlights and toilets on the runway for months .
All costing a mint and paid for by us .
The cost to SE Kent every time stack operates is horrendous.
If any motorway closure costs £1M per hour imagine what stack costs .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

There is no need to make any extra spaces or for traffic measures, because the customs stuff can be done ELECTRONICALLY no need for manual checks for clearance any more project fear, and fake news propaganda, and the 17.4 million who voted to leave are sick of these sore losers