Removing ADR placards

Spent 45 minutes pulling 12 stickers off a container this morning after I’d tipped it.

It seems that they’d been stuck on with super-mega-extra glue, and that the stickers themselves and the strength of soggy tissue paper, I didn’t manage to pull anything off (oooh err missus) bigger that a postage stamp…

Any good tips on removing the sodding things?

A good paint scraper or a steam cleaner, they are applied using a synthetic latex paste

Pulling off? Latex?

I’ll leave you two love birds to it. Lube is the corner of the room by the way just in case that “wrestling” gets out of hand :wink:

On a serious note I’ve got a can of “sticky stuff remover” and yes it is actually called that. About the same size as WD40 but it lifts most stiff like that.

Portable blow torch?

Do you aslo apply them? As what I do when sticking them up is just turn over each corner of the paper backing and pop them up, hey Prestatyn- easily removed

Can of spray paint? Just paint over them. Much quicker.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Cheers, will try some of them next time.

switchlogic:
Do you aslo apply them? As what I do when sticking them up is just turn over each corner of the paper backing and pop them up, hey Prestatyn- easily removed

No, they’re on containers. (sorry, should’ve mentioned!)

Easy answer. Get the person who’s responsible for removing the placards from an empty container to do it - the unloader of that container, it’s NOT the drivers’ job.

khdgsa:
Easy answer. Get the person who’s responsible for removing the placards from an empty container to do it - the unloader of that container, it’s NOT the drivers’ job.

Interrupt a box jockey’s sleeping time? Expect them to do anything useful whilst tipping?
Heaven forbid!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

toonsy:
Pulling off? Latex?

I’ll leave you two love birds to it. Lube is the corner of the room by the way just in case that “wrestling” gets out of hand :wink:

On a serious note I’ve got a can of “sticky stuff remover” and yes it is actually called that. About the same size as WD40 but it lifts most stiff like that.

Indeed toonsy,

Here’s a can of that very stuff…

:bulb: And for yet more useful help, it’s available from the sticky stuff remover shop. :smiley: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s in it Dave? That probably needs it’s own placard [emoji23]

Wheel Nut:
What’s in it Dave? That probably needs it’s own placard [emoji23]

Err… it does what it says on the can, so now we can guess what’s in it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But seriously, I reckon it’s some kind of solvent, so at a guess it’ll be some sort of mixture of UN 1993 type stuff.