Watford gap

How does Watford gap run out of fuel

Ran out, 2 weeks ago,

Not paying the bill??

I suspect they have to order an entire tanker load in advance so if they get the figures wrong or dont have enough spare capacity then it goes caput.

Seems to happen to various petrol stations inc quite a few motorway ones like the one on the M18. Maybe some have bigger tanks?

Lazy tanker drivers :wink:

They probably have not been putting it on break during deliveries and then having 50min breaks.

Guess can half see how hgv pumps can run dry. But y car ones. No. As only an idiot fills up a car at motorway services . Or he’s being paid to much

edd1974:
Guess can half see how hgv pumps can run dry. By car ones. No. As only an idiot fills up at motorway services . Or he’s being paid to much

In a car that is true but in a truck and filling up with a fuelcard, the per litre price is the same as anywhere else which takes that fuelcard.

I would guess that with Watford Gap services, there is some type of technical problem with the tanks or supply equipment.

Harry Monk:

edd1974:
Guess can half see how hgv pumps can run dry. By car ones. No. As only an idiot fills up at motorway services . Or he’s being paid to much

In a car that is true but in a truck and filling up with a fuelcard, the per litre price is the same as anywhere else which takes that fuelcard.

I would guess that with Watford Gap services, there is some type of technical problem with the tanks or supply equipment.

Could be a software fault with the tills even?
Price won’t go over £99.99 per litre?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Was something on news other day about asda pay at pumps. Apparently you insert your card in then deducts £99.99 from your bank account you fill up it then it refunds anything owed… But lately there’s been a software error people have been deducted £99.99 and not being refunded.

edd1974:
Was something on news other day about asda pay at pumps. Apparently you insert your card in then deducts £99.99 from your bank account you fill up it then it refunds anything owed… But lately there’s been a software error people have been deducted £99.99 and not being refunded.

Apparently that was some sort of trial that has now been stopped. I think the problem was that ASDA were putting a marker, or whatever they call it, of £99 on someones card at the Pay at Pump before they allowed fuel. If you then only bought £10 say, then the other £89 would not be freed up on your card until the next day. If you only had £100 in your account on the likes of an electron card then your card would be refused later that day, even though you “really” had £89 in your account. BBc link here :-

bbc.co.uk/news/business-44062476

I have every sympathy with Asda over this, or any other business trying to stop fraud and other theft crimes such as driveaways after fuelling, we’re all subsidising the ne’er do wells in society and anything that stops them fleecing the rest of us is fine by me.

Blyth Services on th A1 seems to run dry regularly

Seems by another report, that Hilton Park has the same problem…no fuel…a bit tricky if you have left it to the last minute, and are already on the red.

Juddian:
I have every sympathy with Asda over this, or any other business trying to stop fraud and other theft crimes such as driveaways after fuelling, we’re all subsidising the ne’er do wells in society and anything that stops them fleecing the rest of us is fine by me.

I agree entirely however if someone doesn’t want to pay they just drive off. Police are not interested and the company pursues civilly if they can trace the keeper. There are enough places that don’t do pay at pump for this.

This is Asda being “lazy” as they could have set it that enter pin and then choose amount, example £40 and then the pump would stop at £40. If you only put £35 in the £5 makes it back in a couple of days.

I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago and filled up the day before I left and after arriving on Friday night, about £75 between the 2. That a company could “take” £200 and probably not get the change £125 back until Monday or Tuesday due to the weekend is not reasonable to me.

I bought a couple of items from Asda on click & collect on Sunday and collected Monday morning. I was charged for items on Tuesday and the two debits were removed today. As they were small amounts it wasn’t a problem but £99.99 out of the account is a bit ott.

Regarding fraud by customers, one of their own employees was jailed last year for stealing nearly £460,000 over four years from the petrol kiosks.

thesun.co.uk/news/2582673/a … her-house/

manski:

edd1974:

Apparently that was some sort of trial that has now been stopped. I think the problem was that ASDA were putting a marker, or whatever they call it, of £99 on someones card at the Pay at Pump before they allowed fuel. If you then only bought £10 say, then the other £89 would not be freed up on your card until the next day. If you only had £100 in your account on the likes of an electron card then your card would be refused later that day, even though you “really” had £89 in your account. BBc link here :-

bbc.co.uk/news/business-44062476

Tesco does this as well no?
I’ve only done pay at pump once but refuse to use it again due to this system.