delivery times

6 am - 12 .00 , 7 am still sat outside the bloody place because there Lorries need loading before I can come in , just put 7 am delivery time down instead of wasting my bloody time and making a long day even bloody longer or load the bloody
things the night before when they get back , bloody joke

Totally agree

At the £7 or £8 an hour…

You’re on, just sit back and relax whilst the cash rolls in.

Dozy, what gives?
Yesterday it was Asda’s shelves empty because their drivers have a sensible (and bloody good luck to them too :sunglasses: ) 36 hour basic week, part timers apparently :bulb: , today the day is going to be too long.

Make your mind up mate.

Dont give yourself a heart attack worrying…just tel the planner whats happening…let him have the heart attack…simple…and tell him today, you want to finish early on Friday. :smiley:

dozy:
6 am - 12 .00 , 7 am still sat outside the bloody place because there Lorries need loading before I can come in , just put 7 am delivery time down instead of wasting my bloody time and making a long day even bloody longer or load the bloody

Just to balance it out. I’ve got an 8am in Sheffield tomorrow morning (Wednesday). I got it off this morning at 6.30am (tuesday) which means, when I get my other 3 drops off today (I’m at the last 1 now) booked in at 2pm and already on the bay at 12pm, I’ll be able to get my (stobart) reload on a day early. Jobs a good un.
And no kittens were harmed.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Maybe they want everything of value out of the yard before they let you pull in :laughing:

dozy:

More waiting time -more hours,more money in you packet.Without long waiting time we can t work 70hours per week.

dozy:

I wish I was waiting to be loaded. Instead I got sent to a collect in Dover that is meant for tomorrow. Planner said he’d called to check it was OK for today and not heard back so give it a try. Obviously it’s not OK for today so now parked up for 16 hours when 11 would have done me nicely.

I’ll never complain about waiting times. That’s for the planners to worry about. I’d more likely complain about the lack of them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Waiting doesn’t bother me I’m paid by hour. :sunglasses:
Chil out doze man.
Good excuse for kip/paper/Trucknet.

Andrejs:

dozy:

Id moan like ■■■■ and stay there all day :smiley:

robroy:
Waiting doesn’t bother me I’m paid by hour. :sunglasses:
Chil out doze man.
Good excuse for kip/paper/Trucknet.

Yep that’s why my kettle is always primed and ready [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DoZy I do hope you don’t got to BT Lutterworth for a 6am slot as some days we don’t get in to 7am [emoji49][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waiting times cost time and time is money. These places should be made to compensate a company for excessive waiting. If there was something like this in place waiting times would suddenly be down to the minimum. Tbf though each time we’ve been in the UK we’ve never experienced waiting around even at Pets at home today…

You want to see my weeks work Andrew, I have been given 3 months of work to Paddington london, …and to a poxy building site too. I’m supposed to do two loads a day from North Weald, Essex to the site that is in Harrow Road smack bang next to the A40 almost next to Paddington Station.

Arrive at 0800 as required…and sit there, normally for at least three hours before unloading which can take an hour itself.Sometimes I can get the second run in but the day ends up as a 14 or 15 hour day. But just lately I arrive at 0800 and am still there 8 hours later!, then they refuse the load as there is no room for it and back home I go.

I took a load there Friday, sat there for five hours, had it refused and took it back there Monday where I sat for 7 hours before I got the load off, Today I did just the one load and was out of there at 2:00pm.

I will be ■■■■ glad when the bloody building is finished…its crippling me sitting about all day, only so much sleep and TV can be had before boredom sets in!..and I actually miss having nights out!

Twoninety88:
You want to see my weeks work Andrew, I have been given 3 months of work to Paddington london, …and to a poxy building site too. I’m supposed to do two loads a day from North Weald, Essex to the site that is in Harrow Road smack bang next to the A40 almost next to Paddington Station.

Arrive at 0800 as required…and sit there, normally for at least three hours before unloading which can take an hour itself.Sometimes I can get the second run in but the day ends up as a 14 or 15 hour day. But just lately I arrive at 0800 and am still there 8 hours later!, then they refuse the load as there is no room for it and back home I go.

I took a load there Friday, sat there for five hours, had it refused and took it back there Monday where I sat for 7 hours before I got the load off, Today I did just the one load and was out of there at 2:00pm.

I will be ■■■■ glad when the bloody building is finished…its crippling me sitting about all day, only so much sleep and TV can be had before boredom sets in!..and I actually miss having nights out!

Had the same thing at Lidl Southampton yesterday. Waited four hours to be told to go away because they’ve got no room in the warehouse :unamused:

^^^
Re the above two post from Toonsy and Two Ninety 88
Ridiculous scenario’s and all at the hauliers expense (except possibly returning a load maybe)
Waiting around for that period of time up to 8hrs has just got to be mind numbing. Ref the building materials London would save time/money if they rang in advance if the site is chock a block :confused:

A building site ringing in advance? :laughing:

Too busy thinking up new rule especially on FORS/Crossrail sites. Had a new ruling last week which blew my mind. Warning triangles times two. Not allowed in without them. I only had one so wasn’t allowed in until I borrowed one from the driver behind which did the trick and I was allowed in and then told I can give it back to the other driver now as the traffic marshall had seen I’d got two and ticked his box :unamused:

dozy:
just put 7 am delivery time down instead of wasting my bloody time and making a long day

I think you’ll find that if you’re on duty and being paid then it’s Stobarts ‘bloody time’ not yours! :wink: