Asda Avonmouth

Hi guys,

Anyone know how long it takes from application stage to (hopefully) being called for an interview?

Saw the job advertised last week so quickly got in there and applied for it, but it keeps telling me to check back online to check progress, but it’s been 5 days and it doesn’t even look like they’ve viewed my application yet.

Also, anyone here work for Asda? I’ve only heard good things, but not much about Avonmouth - good pay etc?

I’m looking for night work and i’ve heard that Bristol depot is nights only, so I hope that’s the case as the job add wasn’t too clear. Thanks in advance.

Did you apply online? Asda have the WORST online application process ever. Never seemed to register my application even though I’d completed it all including online assessments. It used to send me auto emails to go back and complete application and when I logged in there’d be nothing showing. Gave up in the end

ProudNewbie:
Did you apply online? Asda have the WORST online application process ever. Never seemed to register my application even though I’d completed it all including online assessments. It used to send me auto emails to go back and complete application and when I logged in there’d be nothing showing. Gave up in the end

I did yeah :confused: that’s what i’, worried about - it all seems a bit slow to do anything! It’s at the first stage which says ‘application received’ then the second stage is ‘reviewing application’ then the third stage says ‘interview’ but you’d have thought after 5 days it would have least moved on to ‘reviewing application’ by now.

I guess i’ll just have to wait and see and be patient. :cry:

Give them a chance they only closed the job yesterday. 10 jobs going apparently.

Bristol is not nights only but most is. New starters get a 4x9hr 36hr contact. And generally start around 2200-2300. Shifts vary from 9-11hrs. You can work rest days if you want to.

drover:
Bristol is not nights only but most is. New starters get a 4x9hr 36hr contact. And generally start around 2200-2300. Shifts vary from 9-11hrs. You can work rest days if you want to.

36 hr weeks :unamused: :unamused: it’s no wonder when ever I go in asda the shelfs are half empty with the drivers only working part - time , can’t see sainsburys management allowing them to get away with that when they take over , 36 hrs weeks , I do that nearly in 2 days :exclamation: :exclamation:

dozy:

drover:

36 hr weeks :unamused: :unamused: it’s no wonder when ever I go in asda the shelfs are half empty with the drivers only working part - time , can’t see sainsburys management allowing them to get away with that when they take over , 36 hrs weeks , I do that nearly in 2 days :exclamation: :exclamation:

:smiley: that is what they are contracted to. Most guys are doing 50-60 hrs unless they don’t want it.
Empty shelves? More to do with in store cuts than deliveries I reckon.

truckerrr:
Hi guys,

Anyone know how long it takes from application stage to (hopefully) being called for an interview?

Saw the job advertised last week so quickly got in there and applied for it, but it keeps telling me to check back online to check progress, but it’s been 5 days and it doesn’t even look like they’ve viewed my application yet.

Also, anyone here work for Asda? I’ve only heard good things, but not much about Avonmouth - good pay etc?

I’m looking for night work and i’ve heard that Bristol depot is nights only, so I hope that’s the case as the job add wasn’t too clear. Thanks in advance.

Yes I work there and you’ll probably be put on some kind of night shift and do 4 x 9 hr shifts but plenty of opportunities to do more hours, the union is in the middle of negotiating a pay rise as we speak and the application process isn’t always the quickest.

Job is very good you’re spoken to with a lot of respect, not pushed and eventually you’ll be able to change your shifts but you’ll have to wait your turn. The units are a little old now but well maintained and there’s no quibbling about defecting anything as you’ll expect from a supermarket. What I like about our place it’s one big open office and even the General Manager sits there and there’s no wearing of suits .

dozy:

drover:

Still working to terms and conditions awarded when Queen Victoria was still on the throne :question:

bald bloke:

truckerrr:
Hi guys,

Yes I work there and you’ll probably be put on some kind of night shift and do 4 x 9 hr shifts but plenty of opportunities to do more hours, the union is in the middle of negotiating a pay rise as we speak and the application process isn’t always the quickest.

Job is very good you’re spoken to with a lot of respect, not pushed and eventually you’ll be able to change your shifts but you’ll have to wait your turn. The units are a little old now but well maintained and there’s no quibbling about defecting anything as you’ll expect from a supermarket. What I like about our place it’s one big open office and even the General Manager sits there and there’s no wearing of suits .

Thanks all, sounds good! hopefully they’ll get back to me soon then. Nights suits me fine but I would be a bit worried about 36 hours… when does overtime rate kick in? Could you advise what the night/overtime/weekend rates are please?
Thanks in advance

drover:
Give them a chance they only closed the job yesterday. 10 jobs going apparently.

Yeah I will do - just a bit impatient lol fingers crossed i’ll hear back soon!

drover:

That’s not too bad - I was hoping for more around the 18:00 - 20:00 time really, but tbh i’ll take anything as long as it’s not days and if I can get a foot in the Asda door!

truckerrr:

drover:

That’s not too bad - I was hoping for more around the 18:00 - 20:00 time really, but tbh i’ll take anything as long as it’s not days and if I can get a foot in the Asda door!

I think that’s the least possible window for start time to be honest. Overtime after 45 hrs. You would only do 36hrs if you really pushed for it. You can generally expect to do 10-11 hr shifts as standard.

Obviously if you work an extra shift you will easily hit 50hrs.Don’t forget breaks are paid as well.

Nights is about 15.50 but is only paid 2200 -0600 then your onto day rate which is 12.15 ish. Overtime is+ £5
The best thing is the bank holiday agreement but how long that will last I’m nor sure

Juddian:

dozy:

drover:

Still working to terms and conditions awarded when Queen Victoria was still on the throne :question:

And he’s proud of it! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

drover:

truckerrr:

drover:

I think that’s the least possible window for start time to be honest. Overtime after 45 hrs. You would only do 36hrs if you really pushed for it. You can generally expect to do 10-11 hr shifts as standard.

Obviously if you work an extra shift you will easily hit 50hrs.Don’t forget breaks are paid as well.

Nights is about 15.50 but is only paid 2200 -0600 then your onto day rate which is 12.15 ish. Overtime is+ £5
The best thing is the bank holiday agreement but how long that will last I’m nor sure

Thanks mate, that sounds good. Just hoping they’ll get back to me asap as I have a Tesco assessment coming up, but tbh I think Asda looks like the better deal, so would prefer that really. If all fails i’ll go with Tesco

dozy:

drover:

Most contract at any company based in some 40 hours per week.And if do store delivery that there not so much P.O.A.So not possible do long hours because average working time will be more that 48 hours per reference period.My friend work at Aldi and same situation.Good money but no hours because no poa

Andrejs:

dozy:

drover:

Most contract at any company based in some 40 hours per week.And if do store delivery that there not so much P.O.A.So not possible do long hours because average working time will be more that 48 hours per reference period.My friend work at Aldi and same situation.Good money but no hours because no poa

bloody rubbish , the last week I did out of Goole I was getting given 3 runs a day , the last run most days I couldn’t get back to Goole as ran out of hours ( they just said run back in morning )

truckerrr:

drover:

truckerrr:

drover:

Thanks mate, that sounds good. Just hoping they’ll get back to me asap as I have a Tesco assessment coming up, but tbh I think Asda looks like the better deal, so would prefer that really. If all fails i’ll go with Tesco

We have a few ex Tesco drivers who say asda is much better job.
It is very relaxed but not without its problems.
The planning can be very annoying specially if your doing 2 runs it can be difficult to get time for a break in the middle.
If you’re not worried about finishing later it’s not a problem they will just change your 2nd run or you can split your break but that means going 9+ hrs with only 15 mins break. Either way it’s super relaxed and nobody will hassle you about anything.

dozy:

Andrejs:

dozy:

drover:

bloody rubbish , the last week I did out of Goole I was getting given 3 runs a day , the last run most days I couldn’t get back to Goole as ran out of hours ( they just said run back in morning )

When you work for Stobart that you can easy do long hours .If you do 2 delivery from Goole in one day without P.o.a.that another day you can use plenty P.o.a when waiting in the cab.

it doesn’t matter who does the job , it’s just a Lorry , driver , store delivery , it’s a bloody joke when some are having to do 70 hrs x 5 days and some are 36 hrs x 4 days :unamused: :unamused: , twice as much work , hours a week , how can that be fair :exclamation: :exclamation: , it’s bloody discrimination , boils my ■■■■