R&R Transport, Redruth, Cornwall

Wondering if anyone has any info or heard about this company in Cornwall, I may be looking at moving to Cornwall in the next few months and was wondering about applying to this company or any others if anyone can recommend some, would prefer tramping though in all honesty to keep any travelling cost to a minimum.

Appreciate any advice with this

Try Conway bailey.

L P Stephens do a lot of veg work out of Riveria Produce.

Also Dennis Oates.

Conway Bailey decent to work for then?

Lewy:

Probably the same as any other company. Everyone will say the pay is shocking and they wouldn’t get out of bed for it, but it will be similar to what every other company is paying. Then you will probably have a group of drivers that have been there for years and years but also there will be a high turn over of drivers. Same as every other company.

Lewy:

I’m sure they’ll be paying the going rate for the area and they seem to have lots of work on as I see them about a lot and the kit is decent and let’s face it fridge work is easy but probably unsocial starts at times.

I think that R&R are owned by Conway Bailey now spoke to one of their drivers about a year back. He was on trunk for Pallet track.

Conway Bailey and RR basically same company. I am hearing £8 per hour according to agency guy.

Cosmic:
Conway Bailey and RR basically same company. I am hearing £8 per hour according to agency guy.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Cosmic:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Welcome to Cornwall where wages are lower thanot just about everywhere else in the country whatever sector you are in.

Lewy:
Wondering if anyone has any info or heard about this company in Cornwall, I may be looking at moving to Cornwall in the next few months and was wondering about applying to this company or any others if anyone can recommend some, would prefer tramping though in all honesty to keep any travelling cost to a minimum.

Appreciate any advice with this

R&R and Conway Bailey are owned by the same family.
Conway Bailey will be chilled work usually and RR is maily general haulage.
Try Westfield, L P Stephenson or Maen Karne. They are the biggest ones in Cornwall. Don’t expect high wages anywhere in the area low wages in most of Cornwall. Plenty of small haulage and own account but most of those posts areally usually filled and held on to.

The pay at Conway bailey is £100 a day and £150 weekends, and doing about 70-80hrs weekly. I don’t know about R&R but as owned by same Mark Bailey I cant se there being any difference.

So that’s up to you mate.

Good Luck

If you are desperate then ask for Lee wills or Alan Airey.

24caratplonker:
The pay at Conway bailey is £100 a day and £150 weekends, and doing about 70-80hrs weekly. I don’t know about R&R but as owned by same Mark Bailey I cant se there being any difference.

So that’s up to you mate.

Good Luck

If you are desperate then ask for Lee wills or Alan Airey.

Minimum wage for adults is £7.83 ph. You’re certainly getting close to that on those hours. Legally you are not permitted to work more than 12 and 3 quarter hours per day on those rates, Mon-Fri.

I’d try Westfields if I was lucky enough to move down there,
Or try and get in at a good small firm,
Looks like wages are like Yorkshire area though and very poor…

RR transport, Conway Bailey & Fal Fish are all advertising for drivers now. Might be worth a call to find out 1st hand about wages/ hours etc. Its a beautiful place to live…

Thank you all for the advice, Cornwall is an amazing place to be, I have a mate who lives down there and loves it and I knew the wages were not great but will look at things as I still have some debt so need to make sure it is financially do able

I “live” in Devon, which isn’t a million miles away from Cornwall. I however, don’t work from there as the wages are a disgrace in the South-West, hence the reason why I do event work and am hardly home. I tried to work down there but could barely cover my bills when I did. Check out Mark Dring on Youtube, he’s a Conway Bailey driver.
Good luck whatever you choose.

Just on the Conway Bailey theme, I’m hearing that Sainsbury’s may be interested in buying them.

Cosmic:
Just on the Conway Bailey theme, I’m hearing that Sainsbury’s may be interested in buying them.

I’m not disputing what you’ve heard, but why on earth would a supermarket buy a haulage operation?

Cosmic:

■■?, They deliver to Tesco and sansbees,

Do you mean they might become a primary haulier, eg freshlinc to Asda.