9hrs drive

Yesterday I finished up and it transpired I was bang on 9 hours driving according to totals at bottom of printout. Not a minute more or less.

I did have a ten hour so it’s no biggie but what does an exact 9hr drive count as?

On one hand as soon as it clicks to 9hrs you’ve effectively gone over.

On the other you can drive an exact 9hrs. Even in the GV262 it gives examples using full 9 or 10 hours of driving. Any ideas?

Nine hours drive is…

A nine.

Nine hours and one minute is a ten.

You’ve hit 9 hours driving, not exceeded it. Crack on drive.

You’ve not gone over so 9 hours is 9 hours although there will be many on here who will incorrectly tell you otherwise.

As said if the daily driving time is exactly 9 hours it’s not counted as an extended driving day, if you had 2 extended driving days available you still have 2 extended driving days available.

Anywhere up to 9 hrs 10 minutes is still a 9 in my book :wink:

9hrs is 9hrs, 9hrs1min is a 10, simples

if of gone over 9 by a minute or two so it counted as a 10 , same as 15,s I do every thing to make sure there gone before Friday ,you don’t want 15,s , 10 hr drives left on a Friday or those ■■■■■■■■ will plan you to work them :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

9 is 9
When it goes to 9.01 its over,nothing dramatic enough to loose sleep over, but it is over.

chaversdad:
Anywhere up to 9 hrs 10 minutes is still a 9 in my book :wink:

Do a 9-45 twice then a 9-10 you’re ten minutes over on the third one one.
Do a 9-45 then a 9-10… follow that with a 9-45…?
You’re 45 over aren’t you?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Is this gonna be a “is Dozy getting home for a steak tonight” kinda question?
because he needs a 10hr Drive today, and if the OP used his last 10 yesterday it’s a manky Orange for dinner instead …

Not sure about 9hours.But last month I was driving 4hours 30 min((IN PRINTOUT).Now Tachomaster show who this is infrigiment-driving with out rest 4h30 min

peirre:
Is this gonna be a “is Dozy getting home for a steak tonight” kinda question?
because he needs a 10hr Drive today, and if the OP used his last 10 yesterday it’s a manky Orange for dinner instead …

Haha no I’m out tonight aswell anyway so no dramas :wink:

Andrejs:
Not sure about 9hours.But last month I was driving 4hours 30 min((IN PRINTOUT).Now Tachomaster show who this is infrigiment-driving with out rest 4h30 min

If you do a printout immediately after stopping the driving time won’t always be accurate, the tachograph sometimes needs a minute to complete calculating the driving time so after stopping it’s best to always wait at-least a minutes or two before doing a printout.

tachograph:

Andrejs:

If you do a printout immediately after stopping the driving time won’t always be accurate, the tachograph sometimes needs a minute to complete calculating the driving time so after stopping it’s best to always wait at-least a minutes or two before doing a printout.

Yes I know.But after I put my cart in this facto analyse system.And I have info-infrigiment who was driving 4h30min exctly.

tachograph:
As said if the daily driving time is exactly 9 hours it’s not counted as an extended driving day, if you had 2 extended driving days available you still have 2 extended driving days available.

I tend to disagree with this. A tachograph will flag up an infringement as soon as driving time hits 04:30 hours, not goes past 04:30:59.

09:00:01 is more than 9 hours.

Harry Monk:

tachograph:

I tend to disagree with this. A tachograph will flag up an infringement as soon as driving time hits 04:30 hours, not goes past 04:30:59.

I suppose the point is the legislation doesn’t deal in seconds so 9 hours 59 seconds is 9 hours. If they meant up to nine they could have put 8 hours 59 minutes as in a similar vein they talk about the end of the fixed week as 23:59

Harry Monk:

tachograph:

As long as a break is taken immediately after 4.5 hours driving you should not get an infringement.

Yes but unless driving is the the activity that counts as the biggest part of the minute it won’t be counted, I don’t see how one second driving can be the biggest part of any minute so analysis software won’t count it.

Driving is what’s recorded on the tachograph as driving not what actual driving is done.

As tachograph alluded to… I parked up on 8h 59m and over the course of the next minute it was then rounded up to exactly 9 hours.

4h30 min but ready infrigiment.